Monday, September 1, 2008

At Least He Tried...

Friday afternoon I was at work and noticed that my toe nails needed some attention. Seeing as I am getting bigger daily, I thought that now would be a good time to get Mike to paint them because I have been telling him for months that the day would come that I would need his help in this area. So when I got home, I told him that me and my toes where ready. So I layed back on the bed and let him get started. He started with my big toe and almost immediately he was like "uhhh...I just got it on your skin" and it digressed from there...On the second toe I felt polish going all over my skin so there was no need for him to say anything. I stopped him at that point and told him, umm sweetie, I don't think this working out. He agreed and said that my toes looked perfectly good natural (they didn't). He finally got all the polish off those two toes while I was laughing my head off.

So then I had a decision to make. Either go natural which looked hideous OR attempt to paint them myself. The only way to even attempt to do this was to take off my pants because trying to bend myself over with them on is not happening. So then I put my leg up on the side of the tub and get to painting. This was not easy at all. Everytime I bent over my breathing ceased because my lungs had no room to inhale or exhale. After every toe I would stand up straight and take a breath until finally they were doneso....It took a lot of energy and I think it will be impossible next time. To say the least....my toes are painted. =)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Bless your heart. My boss had that problem toward the end too. I had to paint them for her because she couldn't. I would help you if I were around you! :)