Monday, September 22, 2008

Gas Troubles......(no not the kind you are thinking of)

It all started last weekend when IKE hit Texas, and Mike was planning to drive all the way to ATL (by himself) to watch his jusitsu team in a tournament so that he could only turn around and come home at 2 so that he could be home to watch the GA Bulldogs. I thought this was crazy because I thought he should go to the tournament and stay all day if he was going to use the gas because they were saying that gas stations would eventually give out of gas and the gas was already at $4.50 or more. Mike thought that I was crazy to worry about gas giving out and that I was just complaining to complain...He ended up going and doing exactly what he wanted, but ultimatley he regreted not staying and coming home early so I guess he taught himself a lesson and all was well UNTIL yesterday....Mike took my 4runner to ATL for the Falcons game which was fine with me until last night when we went to the grocery store and found that every single gas station in my little city had no gas. Not a HUGE deal, I still had a little less that half a tank....but being SO pregnant I really don't want it to get under a half of tank. I need to be able to get to the hospital. AND I would prefer for Mike to at least have half a tank at all times seeing he might have to meet me at the hospital from work. Maybe that is a bit of the "obessions of a pregnant women". I asked Mike if he was going to admit I was right the previous weekend when I warned him about this very situtaion. He couldn't say anything, because well....I was RIGHT. and I usually am....haha =) yeah, not so much, but anyways...

Mike called this morning on his way to work and said that one station had gas so I headed there before work. There was no line but it was the only station I passed that had gas. It is scary. Even after Katrina I do not remember not having gas at most the stations and I think most of GA and surrounding states are either running out of gas or are already out of gas. This is crazy. I hope somebody does something and fast like.

No comments: