Friday, January 2, 2009

Oh where, oh where have I been?

Christmas was filled with activities this year. Each one was very special because it was time spent with family and friends.

Our festivites began on December 20th. We had all of my Dad's side of the family over for Christmas. The menu is always drunken meatballs (meatballs + Ketchup + Beer = drunken meatballs) with rice. It is a tradition. This side of my family is growing and growing each year. I believe my Grandmother (MyDot) has 12 great-grandchildren and two on the way in 2009. Also, my grandmother is getting married on January 24th.


The next morning was Braelyn's Baby Dedication at church. She was just perfect. After the dedication my Mom and Dad had the family and friends that attended over to their house for a brunch. It was really great! Mom and I were exhausted on that Sunday afternoon and had a nice nap after everyone left.

The next few days before Christmas were filled with last minute shopping, getting recipes together, and cooking. While Mom and I were shopping on the 23rd, I heard Braelyn giggle for the 1st time. It was awesome. I was freaking out trying to find my Mom to tell her, then of course I had to call Mike to let him know.

Christmas morning we had a little breakfast at our house. Mom and I made yummy breakfast casseroles. After eating and opening gifts, we left to go to Mike's Granny's house for lunch. Then it was home for a quick 30 minute nap and then off to the Weldon's Christmas (my Mom's side of the family). It was a busy busy day, but a great busy busy day spent with people that mean the world to me.
The next day, December 26th, Mom, Braelyn, and I headed to Flordia to the beach. It was a much needed mini vacation. We did nothing but relax, eat, and shop. We are going to plan to go every few months. It was exciting to show Braelyn the beach and ocean. I can't wait to go back!


So, I have been a busy bee. Loving every minute, every second. I want to remember everything about these precious months. It has been amazing to be at home to see my baby grow. Christmas was absoutley wonderful. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

You have been busy! So much fun and what great memories. I love all the pictures. She is cutie pie.