Week 8 of pregnancy is going great! I think I might possibly be feeling a bit like myself again. The past two weeks have been rough. Real rough. There is no doubt that I will have moments like I did Monday night when I decided it would be nice to cook Mike meat loaf for supper. MISTAKE for me....the smell hit me like a brick...yuck, no more meat loaf. Mike said it was good though...he didn't understand that I was willing to open all windows and doors in the freezing weather to get the smell out... I would have done anything.
This past weekend was Easter. It was a good yet different Easter for me and my family. Every Easter that I can remember we have gone to Nannie's and Papa's for lunch with all the good family cookings. We also had lots and lots of yummy easter candy especially the peanut butter eggs. This year I didn't indulge in one piece of Easter candy and there was no family lunch. Easter has been the saddest holiday for me so far since Nannie died. Even more so than Thanksgiving or Christmas. It felt like something was missing and in fact, it was. Instead, Mike, my parents, and I decided that we would go to brunch at IHOP after church which was very good. Then Mom and I went grocery shopping and home to have a nice relaxing afternoon. Next year I believe we will start a new tradition of having lunch at either Mom and Dad's house or my house. I want Easter to be significant and important to our child the same way it was to me and maybe just maybe I will try to tackle Nannie's YUMMY coconut cake. The thought brings a smile to my face!
No comments:
Post a Comment