Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Doctor's Visit

My doctor's visit went Great yesterday! My original appointment was set for Tuesday but was canceled on Monday afternoon because Dr. Tony was going to be out on family leave for awhile. So I decided that I would go to Dr. Potter. She was great. Mike and I got a good vibe from everyone in the office. Her nurse was super nice and helpful. Basically, she took all my history and went over potential birth problems and then we met with the pregnancy coordinator who gave me some prenatal vitamins and some more information. Then we had our 1st ultrasound. It was amazing!! At first "Butterbean" was asleep then the technician pressed on my stomach a bit and Butterbean woke right up. He/she was bouncing around and moving their little arms. It was so sweet! Everything was completely normal. Butterbean had a good strong heartbeat and measured to be exactly 9 weeks and 5 days. We got several pictures and I will post them as soon as I can. Mike took them to work with him to show everybody. He is a super proud Daddy already. All it took is that first sight to have our baby wrapped completely around his finger. My next doctor's visit is on April 30th. My next ultrasound is in 9 more weeks and then we will be able to find out if Butterbean is a boy or a girl. YAY!

This week has been a little rough for me. I haven't felt good. At several times in the day I get to feeling awful and then it's better then its worse. Kinda like a roller coaster.
The doctor offered to give me some nausea medicine, but it is not so much nausea anymore, but the feeling like crap-o-la. No worries though, it is totally worth the prize at the end of 6.5 more months. Everytime I think about my baby growing inside me it gives me a great sense of pride. I love this baby more than I could have ever imagined. Thank you God for this amazing gift.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yah!! I'm so glad it went good! I know you are relieved! I am so happy that butterbean was healthy & happy- & that y'all finally got to see "her"- lol... I know you are truly in love!!