Monday, March 3, 2008

Sleep, Sleepier, Sleepiest

I am tired period(.) So very tired. I want my bed with the oh so comfy down comforter and my equally plush pillow where I can close my eyes tightly shut and nothing but the sounds of snoring dogs can be heard.

Today has been loooong and I still have 2.5 more hours. =( tear...no not really, but today I am exhausted! I know I will feel more alive after my nap this afternoon, and then I should be able to function normally until bedtime which is promptly at 9pm. But right now at this very moment I could fall over into a deep trance like sleep. This baby is taking all of my energy and I could never be happier about it! At least I know that he/she is growing which brings a smile to my face!! Last Thursday I went to the doctor for the first time. It wasn't the best experience. I don't really know what I expected, but left feeling discouraged and I didn't like that feeling. My doctor told me that I am offically due on Nov 1st 2008! He gave me a pap and then proceeded to question me on if I knew the miscarriage rate for this early in the pregnancy and asked how many people I have told that I am pregnant. and that's about it. He basically pissed me off. I didn't make the appointment for that day his secretary did and I guess I should have told the secretary that the appointment she made me was WAY too early. GRRRrrr! Anyway, I have decided to change doctors. I know have an appointment with Dr. Tony at a bigger OB-GYN in the same town. My friend Brooke recommended him. My appointment with him is April 1st. By then I will be 9.5 weeks and we will be able to have an ultrasound. YAY! I feel much more comfortable now knowing I don't have to deal with my previous doctor.

I would like to share my opinion on miscarriages now. I believe that God has a plan. If his plan is for Mike and I to have a baby then we will have a baby. If it is not, then we won't, simple as that. My life, my pregnancy, and my baby are completely dependent on God. Anyone that is close to me knows that I have a hard time keeping secrets and who would want to keep a secret as great and wonderful as being pregnant. I am well aware that many miscarriages happen for reasons that mothers cannot control and I am okay with telling people if for some reason I do have a miscarriage. I have prayed and will continue to pray that God will easy my mind against a miscarriage. I cannot control it, it is in God's hands. That being said, I do feel like a doctor should tell you the risks, but the doctor didn't do this he made me feel like because I was coming to him at 4.5 weeks pregnant that it was too early to tell if there was really a baby there and so I shouldn't tell anyone. Oh-well, water under the bridge....I am looking forward to meeting my new doctor. I am not a hard patient to deal with. I just want to be treated how a pregnant lady should be treated!! =)

No comments: