Thursday, February 21, 2008

Life Happens

In this amazing sometimes difficult life I question myself, my identity. Am I a good person? Do I care enough? Do I care too much? Do people like me? What do I bring to others? What do I bring to myself? What do I bring to my family and friends or complete strangers? I think about this more than seems normal. I care what people think of me. I want to be a good person and a likeable person. Also, I want to have an identity that is like no one else. I know that I have an opinion and usually this opinion of mine can be over-the-top, but it is who I am. I stand for what I believe and do not stray. If I don't know what to believe I seek God and then my family and friends because I believe that people are put into your life to be there for you. Through the good and bad. I cherish these people with all of my heart and I want them to know that they mean more to me than they will ever know. This brings me to the next point, I want to be a person my family and friends can depend on too. I want them to come to me when they need me and to know that I will do whatever I can to be there for them. I care. A lot of time I feel like I don't say the right things, but I try. A lot of times I feel like I put my foot right smack in my mouth, but know that I am whole-heartily giving you the best I have. Sometimes I feel like a complete failure, but I am me and really who else would anybody want? I give this life the best of me and I try to give my family and friends the best of me. So this is for yall....To God, thank you for giving me my life, thank you for giving me my family and friends, thank you for the past and the future, it is all yours. To my husband, you are the best and I love you for loving me, I know sometimes it is not easy. You are my protector and my best friend all at the same time. To my Mom and Dad, I could not ask for better parents. I know that I can count on your guidance and love even though I am an "official grown-up". To all my friends, I love each and every one of you. I am glad that God has allowed me to have such great people in my life.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan you are such a talented writer-- you can see your heart in every word. You are such a special friend to me. You have always been there for me no matter how big or small the situation may be. You are more than just dependable-- you are loyal, caring, and most of all trustworthy. I know that we were put in each others lives or a purpose! I'm so proud to call you my Friend! I love you!

Anonymous said...

And I coud have not asked for a better child. I love and cherish you and Mom more than either of you know.