For the past couple of weeks Mike and I have been spending some quality time throwing the softball or football in the front yard. I really cherish this time with him because we are bonding in a deeper way. Of course we are bonded already, but it just seems like something as simple as tossing a ball helps our relationship. I never thought this time together would mean so much, but it does. Actually, I remember the day I brought up going outside and throwing the football...it was the afternoon before the Super Bowl and when I said let's go throw the football Mike's eyes lit up like he was a little boy wanting to play. It makes me feel good that we can do this together. He never tries to correct me when I throw the ball wrong he just is there spending time with me and I love him for that.
I think a lot of people get stuck in their everyday life routines and don't take the time to do the little things that ultimately make their marriage stronger. It is important that we take the time to make the little things matter because they do.
No comments:
Post a Comment