Last night, as many nights over the past few weeks, I have gone to bed with a heavy heart. I fall asleep praying for guidance, strength, and peace over Braelyn's kindergarten placement.
Every moment it's on my mind. It's like a vicious cycle. I worry and then I am hopeful and then I am positive and then I am back worrying. I feel like I am ok, then I am not. It has been a rough few weeks. I do not wish this overwhelming since of "unrest" on anyone.
I think why I feel this up, down way is I know that her teacher is a GREAT teacher. Period. She is known to get her students beyond ready for 1st grade. That right there is AWESOME! This Mommy LOVES that. My concern is the way she goes about doing it...with my little sweet, sensitive Brae. Brae does NOT do well with "tough love". In fact she shuts down and she become afraid quickly. Want an example, well here ya go....let's rewind to summer 2011 swimming lesson disaster. She was pushed in a "tough love" way and it was not pretty, it still breaks my heart and she still remembers it. It traumatized her. Since then, I know that is my girls personality. Some kids can be "tough loved" into doing things you want them to do....not Brae. She needs a gentle teacher that will encourage her in a loving way. If Brae gets this love and encouragement, she will exceed expectations. Period.
Every time, I wake up in the night I talk to God and last night I longed to hear him. WHAT DO I DO? I don't like confrontation at all. I avoid it at all cost. Should I voice my concerns or hope for the best? In almost aspect of my 30 years of life I have just hoped for the best, but when it comes to my most precious gift from God, I cannot just sit back when I feel like I have a justified concern.
In the middle of the night last night, God placed this verse on my heart.
Is it a coincidence that this happened, ABSOLUTELY not, it was My God telling me that he's got this...and I KNOW with my whole heart that he will guide me and be with me as I face these concerns I am having. No it will not be easy, and I will be completely out of my comfort zone, but she, my sweet friends is WORTH IT!

2 comments:
Oh Megan. I KNOW I would feel the exact same way if Garrison had a teacher in Covington with that reputation. My mama heart can so empathize with you. Praying for you, Braelyn, and a great kindergarten year for our babies.
Megan, your dad and I are so proud of you and the way you have handled this situation. Remember the quote.. what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
You are strong, courageous, and resilient because of your faith in GOD and that makes you an amazing mother for that special, wonderful, bright little girl of we call Braelyn.
Post a Comment