Monday, August 4, 2014

Here We Go!

My Braelyn,

Kindergarten.

Are you really old enough for KINDERGARTEN?!? Just yesterday you were toddling around and now, well now you are in school....like real school....You have been in Pre-K for two years, but this year, well it has hit me kinda hard. A big reality check.... GULP!

I think we both did better this morning than I expected. Ya see, my sweet Brae, I am nervous too. Leaving you at school is so hard.

I woke you up at 6:30 and you were very clingy. I knew you were nervous, and you told me you didn't want to go to school. I offered you breakfast and you declined, instead we snuggled and talked about different things...I told you it was ok to be nervous, that new things made me nervous too, but how exciting it is to go be going to kindergarten. Then we talked about how the teachers would love you and I went over what would happen for the rest of the day.

Slowly, your clinging subsided. You asked if it was time to get dressed and I told you it was. I asked you again if you wanted breakfast and you said no. It's ok though because I can't eat when I am nervous either my sweet Brae. We made our way into your room to get dressed and you started asking questions about school and Kaden and Addie hoping you would see them today on the playground. You told me again that you were scared. I told you that you were smart and you would do great! You asked again about Ms. Dyal and I assured you I knew her very well, and she would take good care of you.

Once you got dressed, it was picture time! I love taking your adorable picture. I look at them over and over at work. They make me smile!

 After a couple minutes of picture taking, you asked if it was time to go school yet? We had a couple of minutes left, but I decided that since you asked we would go ahead and load up. On the way to school you made sure that I knew that if you did good all week you would get a "poo poo" baby (a baby that eats, drinks, and poops) and a cookie cake. Brae girl...you know the art of negotiation.

The traffic going to the school was awful. I am glad we had left when we did. You said that tomorrow, we would leave earlier and I agreed. I hope the crazy traffic will subside as the week goes on though!

You walked in school with such confidence. I was so proud of you! I will ALWAYS be so proud of you! We walked hand in hand down the hall to your classroom. We had to wait a couple of minutes in the hall while Ms. Dyal was talking to a parent. You looked up at me nervously, but Brae you kept it together so so so good! Soon Ms. Dyal asked you and your classmates if you would like to come in? We walked to her and she asked you if she could show you where to put your book bag and lunch box.. I told you I loved you so much and she took you in and you never looked back.

I hope your 1st day of kindergarten is amazing just like you, Braelyn!









No comments: