Monday, January 25, 2010

The Stomach Virus of 2010

A couple of weeks ago Braelyn had her 1st stomach virus. Scary!  Her Daddy had the worst of it because it was the night that I took my Mom to see Annie at the Fox in ATL. About 10pm I got a call and then about 10:15pm I got another call so I decided to step out to call home to see what was going on. Mike answered in a frantic voice saying....Braelyn is VERY sick, what can I give her? Bless his heart. She had been throwing up for over an hour and was dry heaving. He had waited as long as he could because he knew I was at the play. I told him there was nothing to give her and that we would be home ASAP. (We were suppose to stay in ATL for the night) I went back into the theater and told Mom. Thank goodness there was only like 10 minutes left in the play so I went across the street to the hotel to get our stuff while she finished the show. I got up to the room and of course I was on the phone with Mike and my card wouldn't work to get into my room..GRRRR. I was SO mad. I went down the front desk and had to wait for Mom to get over because the room was in her name. I was pissed but ready to leave. We got home as quickly as we could and when we got there my Dad was there helping Mike with Brae. Poor girl was SO exhausted. I ended up spending the night rocking her in her chair. The next day I was in cleaning mode. Everything needed cleaning and NOW NOW NOW. Needless to say I got sick Sunday and Nana got sick Monday. Mike and my Dad were spared. Lucky they are. I am just glad it was a quick virus.

1 comment:

Crissy Lynne said...

Hi, I stumbled across this post and just wanted to say your not suffering alone. My boyfriend's 7 year old got the same virus and brought it into our house. A few days later my 2 year old daughter got sick, luckily, she's over it, but now I'm suffering with it. Funny too, in my family the men got spared as well, Daddy and baby brother did not get the virus. Maybe this thing only attacks females?! Now that's a funny thought...