Monday, August 11, 2008

A Pregnant Woman's Weekend

Sometimes I need to remind myself that I am 7 months pregnant. AND to slow down. This weekend my body or mind decided not to remind me and it all caught up with me today when I rolled out of bed and was so sore that I could not hardly walk....here is a synopsis of my weekend...

Friday: After a day at work, Mom and I headed to Macon to test drive me a Toyota 4-Runner. I found a used white, used 2007 4-Runner Limited that I immediately fell in LOVE with. They let me take it home to show Mike so that is what I did! I thought to myself, well if we can't buy it at least I can enjoy for one night...right??....We went to eat and to Lowe's and finally got home around 9:30. Mike and I went for a drive with the pups in the back...(they loved it) and we talked about it and looked it over.....then I was so pumped that I couldn't go to asleep till almost 12.

Saturday: Up at 7:30. Mike started staining deck and I pulled weeds. Around 11 we leave to go to Macon to talk to the sales guy about buying the 4-Runner. Finally, after haggling and yada yada and about 4 hours later we leave the dealership with a 2007 4-Runner...the truck of my DREAMS! By this time the heat has zapped my energy and I have a killer headache...but does that stop me, no sir-ree...We got home around 5 and Mike started back on staining the porch and I headed to Mom's and Dad's to pick them up to head over to fresh air BBQ. (BTW- I cannot fathom eating sugary chunky BBQ anymore, it is one of those weird pregnant things BUT Fresh Air BBQ is vinegary and anyway it was delicious.) Then Mom, Dad and I head to Griffin to pick up Braelyn's monogrammed diaper bag and to go check on Granny's doggie cause she was out of town. Finally, I get home around 7:30 and I can relax....Mike finishes up the porch and sits down to watch the Falcons, I am asleep by 10ish.

Sunday: Up at 7. Pulled more weeds, planted two bushes...this takes more time than you think AND I stump the crap-o-la out of my toe. It was bloody and hurt....My poor toe...=) Mike works in the backyard getting up a stump and then washes the 4-Runner (we are getting it detailed at the dealership when our new mats come in) After he gets done I fix Mike a big breakfast cause he LOVES breakfast and I am just a GREAT wife...haha =) My Mom comes over and we sand chairs, well actually she sands while I am cooking breakfast. Mike leaves to go out to the farm. We paint the chairs, then we move to the bonus room (Mike's GA room) and hang pictures and get it all organized. By this time it's like 3. Mike comes home and Mom and I go get some Wendy's. Mike then takes Dooley and Dixie swimming and Mom and I continue working till around 6. Then when Mom leaves and Mike gets back with the pups, I give them a quick bath. By this time Mike and I are TOTALLY exhausted! My feet feel like they are about to fall off and I take a nice long bath. I could have fallen asleep in there! I fix us some grilled cheeses and we sit down to watch Big Brother....however around 9:15 we had both fallen fast asleep.

Late Sunday night/ Early Monday morning: I have to get up to have one of my nightly visits to the pottie. As soon as I felt my feet hit the floor there was pain...lots of pain...I felt like I had been in a wreak. I couldn't even stand up straight.

Monday morning: I tell Mike that this past weekend, I had a temporary lapse and forgot that I am 7 months pregnant.....NOTE TO SELF: do not work that hard again. =)

No comments: