Thursday, July 31, 2008

Everythings Fine and Dandy!

My doctors appointment went great this morning! I had to take the glucose test which consisted of drinking a mega sugary orange like drink...it tasted like a Sunkist double the sugar in 3 minutes then wait an hour and have my blood drawn. It gave me a major sugar high and a headache. While I waited I saw Dr. Potter. She measured me (I am still measuring 2 weeks ahead at 29weeks) and then she listened to Braelyn's heartbeat which was good and normal at 140 beats/min. My blood pressure is good and my weight gain is depressing so I am not even going there....in fact I might not even look at the scale anymore...=) I asked Dr. Potter about planned vaginal births resulting in c-section. She said that 1 in 4 people end up having a c-section. So I say I need to prepare myself and Mike for both just in case! I also asked her about this weird tingling, numb sensation I am having on my left rib whenever I am sitting down for any period of time. She said she had heard of other women saying the same and all she could figure is that some nerve is being stretched or pinched in some weird pregnant way....no worries though....it's just one of "those things" that happen. My next appointment is August 21st...so stay tuned! =)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Interesting that 1 in 4 end up having c-section. I didn't realize that. I am so axiously awaiting my first appt!! :) So happy that everything is going good.