Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just not good enough

Do you ever feel like no matter what you do, sometimes it is just not good enough to someone else?
Just like their way is the best way and if you haven't done it their way then your way is just BOUND to fail?
Then if you do happen to fail doing it the best way you knew how, well then that just entitles them to tell you that you obviously didn't care or try enough OR God forbid do it their way which would have TOTALLY worked the 1st time.

<ME SCREAMING IN MY HEAD> UGH!

In all fairness, I am hard headed, I know this. Sometimes I know I have to learn lessons on my own by failing miserably, but sometimes I learn that I can indeed do something differently and SUCCEED on my own. At least I know this about myself, and I know people that love me just want to protect me from failing by thinking they can tell me the exact way to do something and wa-la it will automatically 100% work...... BUT.......Do not tell me I don't act like I care just because I do things my way. Oh- I CARE! I care a lot or I wouldn't have tried to figure it out on my own in the first place. I failed this time....I get that LOUD and CLEAR, but that does NOT mean I didn't care or try!!!

I understand that doing things my way might take more time, more bumps in the road, more headaches, and don't get me wrong.....at times along this road I will cry out for help and I am so so so thankful that my loved ones are here for me when I need their help and guidance....but on this bumpy road I am LEARNING things about myself, lessons that can only be learned by trial and error. Do not criticize me when I am trying.

I know that everybody feels this way at some point, but I swear it makes me SO mad for anyone to think that I just don't care, when in fact I do! I would tell you if I didn't....

I guess we all need to learn to pick our battles and I am SO over this one. I got more important things to think about....like Braelyn.....but do not doubt me I will succeed!

No comments: