Aaaaa....Christmas how I love you. Sometimes it takes me a minute to get into the Christmas spirit. The whole decorating is stressful for me. Thankfully, Mike loves that part and will get everything out of the attic and semi decorated. Then I can swoop in with a few finishing touches. This year we decided to have a real tree (with colored lights) and I actually put on all the lights (Christmas miracle) and Mike and Braelyn decorated the tree. Teamwork, I tell ya. Once the house is decorated and back clean, I can enjoy it and that is exactly what I did! This year we thoroughly enjoyed Christmas movies. All the classics....Home alone, The Grinch, The Griswold's...etc...were regulars. One of Brae's favorite things to do right now is "snuggle up, stay up late, and watch a movie" those are her exact words. So of course, we did a lot of that!
This year Aunt Sudi and Uncle Nolan came and spent Christmas with us. Let me be honest and say that in years past I have let this stress me out, but not this year. This year I decided that I was going to truly enjoy everything about Christmas and not try to be the perfect hostess and to my surprise Mike said I was a better hostess. Imagine that....not trying so hard actually worked out. Thankfully this year I had 6 days of vacation left to use at Christmas. It was glorious. On Christmas Eve we went to my parents to have our annual Christmas Prime Rib dinner. Yum. Like last year we decided to let Braelyn open presents before we ate. It works out better that way. From Nun and Grand Brae got a kinetic sand kit, new west boots (cowgirl boots), a new baby doll she promptly named Christy, and a real baby swing for all her babies. She was in heaven!
Brae had a case of "excited to see what Santa brought" and was up 2 or 3 times on Christmas night. She was wound up. I kept telling her Santa would not come till she was asleep. Finally around 6:30 -7ish she could not wait anymore and we decided go to ahead and get up. This year she only asked for 3 things....a barbie camper, a barbie baby sitter that comes with a highchair, cradle, and a peeing baby, and last but not least a fur real dog. We also decided that we would get a new computer (much needed) and that would be her big gift from us (Santa doesn't get all the good gifts in our house...lol) We also got her a few little things to open like a bead maker, and ring maker, a shirt, and some summer crocs.
After all the presents were open my parents came over and I cooked breakfast for everybody. On the menu was scrambled eggs, bacon, and cinnamon rolls. Simple, yet delish! Mid morning Mike's Dad came over so that we could exchange presents and Brae had a blast having some time to play with Little T, her cousin. Around 12:30 we headed to Mike's Mom's house to open gifts and open the MANY presents Nanny Pam spoils us with. When we got home this Momma needed a nap so Brae enjoyed playing and spending time with Aunt Sudi and her favorite this year was Uncle Nolan. She was all about him! Once I woke up from my nap which was glorious, Aunt Sudi and Uncle Nolan took Brae to the park. It was a highlight of Brae's whole day and we just feel so blessed that they are in our life and love Brae girl so much! Christmas night I cooked lasagna and a big salad and we just hung out and relaxed. After dinner we wrapped up the night by snuggling up, staying up late, and watching Maleficent (such a great movie). It was a great Christmas! The Lord has blessed us so much! We are so thankful Jesus was born and that God sent him to save us from our sins!
1 comment:
Yay! Loved your Christmas recap. =)
Post a Comment