And this Mommy is feeling a bit well
School is going good. Brae is not crying in the mornings, PRAISE! Her teachers seem to adore her which makes me happy. She is one of the biggest helpers in her class. I think she is ahead of some of the students in her class so she does get bored and these past couple of weeks they have been reviewing a lot she learned last year, but she likes getting rewarded for getting her work done. She says that she doesn't like school, but I think this is more because she LOVED pre-k last year and this year is MUCH more about academics and less about free play. I think this year is taking some getting used to, but sometimes her actions speak louder than words...so when I see her "playing" teacher at home, I really do think she enjoys it more than she says. Braedoes not care much for music days, but seems to LOVE art and computer days. I would for sure say computer is her favorite! P.E. days are so so, I think those she is kinda neutral about. Since Brae has been in school it has been really hard for me to get her to want to do anything (like go shopping or run errands) after we get home from school. She is just ready to chill and play which brings me to homework....
Brae's absolute BEST time to do homework is after her bath, between 7:15 and 7:45....PM.....She is ready and her brain is back charged after a lot of free play time and supper. She is in the zone and really would probably do 2 hours of homework if I let her. I am so glad and thankful that if we do homework during this time she is enthusiastic about it and pretty much rocks it! The problem is, I am a morning person. Mornings are my BEST time of day. By the time I get off work at around 3:30-4 each day go home get Brae and straighten up the house, let Brae play, spend time playing with her, workout, fix supper, eat, it is 7 and I am done. My brain is done. I am ready to veg. SOOOOO....ya see my problem here. My brain is dead and Brae's brain is ready to learn and work and yall it just has been a struggle. I know, I know.....put your big girl Mommy panties on and deal Megan. And I am, it is just taking some getting used to. When my brain is dead, I am not the patient Mom I want to be, I am not at my best and that is just hard, because I recognize it, and I have to fight to be encouraging to her and to have a positive state of mind. I feel like such a bad Mom admitting that, but it is true. I just need some energy and bit more brain function at night, is that too much to ask??... Ba ha ha.
Brae had her 1st spend the night sleep over with her friend Addie 2 Friday nights ago and did awesome! I was not worried, but honestly none us thought she would make it all night and she did. I think she would have stayed another night, if I would have let her. They went to El Durango, had cookie cake, popcorn, watched a movie, played, and just had the best time and finally fell asleep around 10:30pm and woke up at 6:50am. She is growing up TOO FAST.
Brae decided that she wanted to cheer for the rec department this fall instead of doing soccer. Honestly this surprised me because we took an extra-curricular break last Spring, and all summer she wasn't very excited about doing anything this Fall. A couple of days before school started Robin called me and told me her daughter (Ella Bleu) was interested in cheering and wanted to know if Brae was too. I asked her and when she said yes, I was so happy! After her first two practices last week, I think we have us a cheerleader! She LOVES it! She wants to practice every night and just has the biggest smile on her face during practice. I LOVE seeing her so happy and in her element!
So everything seems to be new right now...like we are in a transition, and while everything is going good, I just need to get in my groove. Sometimes easier said than done!
No comments:
Post a Comment