I have seen a lot of "day in the life" post so I decided to go ahead and do one of those today. Fun!
While I have always thought my life was pretty routine... I have two people (hubs and minnie me) that my life revolves around everyday and so yea, not so much routine....Insert eye bulging emoji here.
4:50 - Alarm goes off...I wake up Mike, he gets dressed and leaves around 5:30....
4:50 - 5:40 - snooze...many times this is the best sleep I get, I am OUT...
5:45 - 6:30 - Wake up, check emails, turn on news (only to get weather), and head to the bathroom to get a shower and get ready
6:30 - 6:40 - Get dogs out and fed
6:40 - 6:45 Get Braelyn out of bed, fix her breakfast and turn on Curious George for her in our bedroom.
6:50 - 7 - Straighten up living room and kitchen with a quickness...
7 - 7:30 - Get Brae dressed and out the door and today I stripped Brae's bed to get her sheets in the wash before we left
7:45 - Walk Brae in school, talk with friends...love this time before I head to work
8 - 3:30 - Work - I am the office manager and do pretty much everything in my office except clinical related work
3:45 - Get Brae and head to Nuna's to say hello.
4:15 - Head home.
4:30 - 5 Put Braes sheets in the dyer, sweep while Brae is playing in her room, go through Brae's homework folder (bc we got the wrong one sent home on Monday), Tuesday folder, and agenda. Get computer game set up for Brae and go back approximately 10 times when she can't get it to work right
5 - 5:15 - Brae is ready for supper. She wants a lunchable. Quick and easy....ok dokey.
5:15-5:45 I manage to do a 20 minute workout because let me be honest it is now or never...Brae comes in and out of the living room to do it with me...and then plays in her "office" she teaches her kids
5:45-6:10 Feed hungry dogs and get Brae dressed for cheer leading and to practice, Thank the Lord we live 1 mile away!
6:15 - 6:45 - CHEER PRACTICE......GO BIG BLUE! (Mike meets us here after going straight to work out after he got off work)
6:50 - 7:05 - Bath time
7:10 - 7:45 - Homework time. Brae is tired tonight...UGH. Not focusing. It took 35 minutes to do 2 sheets. (we are behind bc Monday nights homework folder mix up)...teacher also said her lowercase y in her name needed working on so we had to do that, which is hard, she has her uppercase down pat, but this lowercase is REALLY hard for her 5 year old brain. UUUUUGGGGHHHHH! She tried and tried bless her heart. Side vent here: While I am working on homework with Brae, Mike is trying to figure out his new insurance/ benefit package on our ANCIENT SLOW computer. He was confused and aggravated and me well I am starving and trying to keep Brae motivated to try her "y" again. I just cannot help two people at once. At this point he has spent 0 minutes with her and well I am to my just about to go crazy cause I need food. End Vent. ***And let me stop right here and say Mike is a GREAT Daddy, and he spends a lot of time with Brae....there is just not enough hours in the day with cheer and homework....which is making me question my sanity. The End.*** I need a zanax...and no I have never had a zanax.
7:50 - 8:15 - So are you thinking homework is done....no no no...it is not done...No we still have a name puzzle to do, plus 2 books, new site words, reviewing old site words...and she insists on going over her homework folder worksheets, which is her letters and numbers. She also has an apple night snack while we are doing this, but I can tell her eyes are tired and she struggles. Oh and remember those sheets that need to be put back on her bed...yes, time to get her bed made...
8:15 - I call Mike in to snuggle with Brae. By this time I am going into this lack of food down fall, I know it is low blood sugar. I feel strange and just BLAH. I fix an omelet with spinach and ham and eat it all in about 12 minutes.
8:30 - I immediately feel better after eating and can go in and snuggle and talk to Brae about things other than school work before she falls asleep. While I am doing this Mike fixes him some cereal and goes to watch some tv. Poor Mike...I might never have time to fix supper again.
8:40 - 9:30 - I catch dvr show and then go take a shower. I am exhausted.
9:30 - 10 - Mike and I figure out the insurance/ benefits stuff....We talk about which package is right for him and watch a video on the computer about it.....and then finally.....SLEEP.
So this is me keeping it real. I love my life and would not do anything different. I am so incredibly blessed and I know that. It all could be taken from me in an instant and I do not want to take one minute for granted. However, I thrive on a schedule and these past few weeks have been a challenge. My life for the most part has never been this hectic. I know I will continue to figure it out more and more each day until it becomes second nature, at least this is my prayer! Insert praying hands emoji here.
2 comments:
Oh how I love this Megan! Thanks for sharing the details of your day. =) I need to do another one of these soon since I have Layton now.
I just have to say I think you are awesome doing all that while working full-time!! Praying for Brae and her homework woes. Kindergarten is tough stuff!
It’s your mom Megan. It’s 2025 and I’m rereading this blog. I love you so much! Thanks for sharing your life with me.
Post a Comment