This past month has been a whirlwind. I am more than ready for all things fall. Fall is my favorite season by far...so bring on....
GA Football - Go DAWGS!, Cool Crisp Days, Weekends at the Farm, Leaves Changing, Cozy Blue Jeans and long sleeve shirts, Beautiful Mums, All things Pumpkins, Brae's 2nd Birthday, Halloween, Our 5th Wedding Anniversary, and Thanksgiving
We are so close I can taste it! We had a little preview last weekend and I am ready for more!
So back to this past month.
Most notably Braelyn had her first visit to the ER on August 15th. Not good, but it was a Saturday night/early Sunday and she was breathing really fast and really heavily so much so she was throwing up. Turns out she had an upper respiratory infection. We were prescribed some antibiotics and steroids. She got better pretty quick...thank goodness.
The next weekend, Sudi (Mike's Aunt) came to stay with us a couple of days so they could clean out Granny's house. We had a great visit with her and was so glad she could come.
The next Saturday, Braelyn, Mom, and I headed to Suwanee to a birthday party for Chloie. It was at a beautiful park real close to their house. Braelyn had so much fun playing and eating pizza and cake.
Last weekend we headed to NC to meet Sudi and Nolan to go white water rafting down the Nantahala. Mom came with us and stayed with Braelyn while we went down. After we went down we headed over a big mountain called The Dragon to get to Sudi and Nolan's house in TN. Let me tell you...I got GREEN. bad. So much so I had to ask everyone to please stop talking. My head and stomach was spinning. Yuck. When we got to their house we unpacked, fed Braelyn and ate some snacks so I could come back down to planet EARTH. =)
It was time for Miss Brae to get a bath and head to bed so upstairs we went. She went into a frantic cry when I tried to sit her down in the bath. I was thinking that it was odd, but I quickly got her washed off and got her out of the shower and put her to bed. About 1am Brae started stirring and then crying and just being really uncomfortable and wouldn't fall back asleep. I could tell something just wasn't right and when she started holding her tee tee and crying and saying owww, I knew we had a problem. Around 2am when Brae still was not asleep I woke up Mike and Mom and told them we needed to head home asap so Brae could see the pediatrician first thing Saturday morning. We drove all night and saw the doctor first thing Saturday. I felt like she had a Urinary Track Infection and sure enough baby girl did. I was so relieved when she got antibiotics and started to feel better.
This weekend is Buggy Days in Barnesville. Mike and I are participating in a team game night called Anything Goes on Thursday night. Friday night is a downtown concert which I hope I can talk Mike into going to and Saturday and Sunday is the arts and craft festival. Last year was so much fun with Brae so I can imagine that it will be even better this year!
Ok, so I think I am caught up. Whew... so I will leave you with this picture, baby girl is becoming a big girl.

1 comment:
Yay! You're back!! So glad to be caught up. =)
Post a Comment