Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Dreaming of Warmth and Sunshine All Day Long

This winter season has been especially brutal this year. Not only is it cold but most days it is rainy too. I do not like this one single bit. Braelyn wants to desperately go outside and I do too! There is only so much you can do to keep a 15 month old busy inside all day, don't get me wrong she loves to play, but after awhile she gets more than bored.

Yesterday morning, Braelyn was less than thrilled when I woke her up. Actually she was down right mad and made sure I knew it. She cried when she finally decided I wasn't leaving her room for her to go back to sleep. She cried when I said good morning. She cried when she sat up. She cried when I picked her up. She screamed when I sat her back down to change her diaper. Needless to say, I foolishly picked her up to try to console her before putting a fresh diaper on her. I sat down in her rocking chair to hold her for a few minutes so she would calm down and immediately felt something warm and wet. Yes, she peed all over me. I let her finish cause what else could I do? I put her in her bed and cleaned her up and quickly put a diaper on her. By this time she was crying again. After I get the diaper on her I had the audacity to leave her in her bed so I could go get cleaned up and throw on some clean pee pee free clothes. The second I left her sight the crying turned into frantic screaming at the top of her lungs. Baby girl can get emotional. Thank God there was some clean pants near. I threw them on and hurried back to my girl. She still was not happy with me one bit. I kept talking, singing and loving on her until I could throw on her clothes and out the door to Weezie's we went.

Wooo-wee what a way to start the work week, right?

No comments: