For a couple of weeks now Braelyn has become a lot more curious about her surroundings and what is going on around her.
One of these times happens to be when I am nursing her. If she hears anything going on around her she crooks her neck around to see. In fact sometimes she just looks to look. The funny thing is the way she looks when she is doing this...it is like she turns her head and looks and then she suddenly remembers she is indeed eating so she whips her head back around and continues to eat...Usually after she has done this a bazillion times, I think she must be not interested in eating anymore so I cover up. Sometimes when I do this, she whips back around and she finds her food source is suddenly gone...she looks up at me like...Mommy, I don't think so...and has a melt down. I usually let her resume eating, but within minutes something else catches her attention.
Another curious moment came yesterday when Mom and I were shopping. We stopped to eat at a restaurant called Bugaboo's Steak House. This particular restaurant has moose heads on the wall that automatically talk every 20 minutes or so. We were eating and Braelyn was gnawing on some bread in the high chair when the moose directly behind us started to talk. She whipped her head around so fast in search of what was talking behind her. I turned her high chair around so that she could get a better view. It was so cute to see how interested she was...She just stared and stared at the talking moose.
She now also loves to look at mirrors and tries to touch her hand in the mirror. She will just coo at herself. She also gives me the biggest smiles when she sees me in the mirror [melt heart].
I love to see her curiosity! It amazes me to see her grow and learn new things. I know I have said it before, but I love to see life through her eyes.
2 comments:
Hi Megan! Thanks so much for commenting on my blog this week! I absolutely love reading new comments from people because then I am able to check out YOUR blog too. Your daughter is so lovely! And you are a fantastic photographer... gorgeous photos!!!
Observing the little ones curiosity is just so precious isn't it? I love seeing the world through the ideas of my baby. :)
P.S. - thanks for the great nursery decor link...they have super fun ideas!
Whoops, meant to say "through the EYES of my baby"....not the ideas of my baby. ha! typing too fast.
Post a Comment