Thursday, May 28, 2009

Braelyn's Room




Welcome to Braelyn's room. Her room is by far, my most favorite room in the house. However, I find that pictures do not do it justice. As you will notice the color of the walls change in these pictures....I don't particularly like that.

This is the picture that inspired Braelyn's room. Mike and I always knew that we wanted to incorporate something UGA into our the room, but I wanted it to be girly too, of course! So when I found this print which looks like a water color, I knew it was perfect. You can click on the picture to get a better view.

I never wanted anything anybody else had. I also knew that I wanted my Mom to help me
"make" her I guess shall I say "custom" bedding. I loved the color red, so my Mom and I decided that red polka dotted ribbon would be great on the bumper pad and then she made her blanket and we had her name engraved. Her linens are carters and they are white. She loves her UGA mobile and smiles when Glory, Glory to Ole Georgia comes on...
Here is Braelyn herself enjoying her crib. This view is looking from her closet. I should have moved the diaper holder thingy to take the pictures. O-well...

This is looking from her rocking chair. The two pictures are old nursery rhyme pages I tore out of one of my old books. I told a colored pencil and darkened some of the colors because it was faded. I loved how it turned out. The mirror and bear were mine growing up. I love that they are hers now!

This is the view from her door. As you can see, she is trying to learn to crawl.

This is Braelyn's oh so comfy rocking chair and her closet. Everyone thought I was crazy to want a white chair, but I love it and it is greatly used! You can also see a little of her curtains that came from Ikea. I love them!

Here is her very unorganized closet, we ARE being real though, right?

And last, this is Braelyn's bathroom. Every night she gets a bath in her duck tub. The beak squeaks and she loves it. I would recommend this tub to anyone with a baby that has just started to sit up good.

Thanks for visiting Braelyn's room!

6 comments:

Brandi said...

What a cutie! Braelyn is adorable. You did a great job on the room. Nice details! :-)

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Such a fun room! We lived in Athens for 4 years so I have a soft spot in my heart for all things UGA...even though I am a huge Alabama fan!:) Thanks for sharing your room!

The Baby Cove said...

I love the red and green! So fun and pretty. And your daughter is so cute!

Stephanie said...

Her room is so cute!!! I love the colors. She looks adorable in her crib! :)

Tara G. said...

C.U.T.E.!!!!

Courtney said...

So cute. I love the red and white polka dots!