Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Heartache

Monday night I had a deep sense of sorrow overwhelm me. An ache so deep that only a Mother could understand. I was reading a blog about a little girl that had died of cancer at 10 months old. Only 3 short weeks ago she was diagnosed and now has gone to be with Jesus. Sweet Cora Paige. Immediately my mind went to my baby girl sleeping soundly in the next room.


I went into her room and just cried. I cried for Cora, I cried for all the babies that are sick and in pain. I cannot fathom the heartache to see your precious baby hurting and you cannot do anything to make them feel better. It breaks my heart again and again. Life is so so very precious.

I continuously remember that God is in control. While I do not understand the "whys" I am reminded that I am not suppose to understand. I am suppose to have faith. He took little Cora away from the cancer and now she is in no more pain. Sometimes God takes the illness away from you, but sometimes he takes you away from the illness. I sat down in Braelyn's room and talked with God. I told him that I was scared of the unknown, that I knew I could trust him, and I thanked him for always being here for me and for Braelyn also for my family. I prayed that he would wrap his arms around Cora's family. I prayed for peace and understanding.

Then I placed my hand on my little girl and told her that her Mommy loves her more than she ever will know.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have read so many sad ending blogs lately. Things that I couldn't even imagine and that scare me beyond belief. I would have done the exact same thing that you did. The other day I read of a twin that passed away due to cancer...just over two years old. Swae and I sat reading her story and were both overwhelmed with sadness. Swae kept asking questions and we kept reading to dig up the answers and I was just crushed with sadness and grief for the family. There is another one where this woman was 38w preg and went in for her check up only to find her sweet angel boy had passed due to ambilical cord strangulation. It just breaks my heart. With every situation I read or hear about though, it makes me hold my loved ones closer and just a little longer. I am sure to tell people I love and care about them because you just never know. My heart goes out to every single person and family that has had to experience such deep sorrow and loss.

Stephanie said...

On a lighter note, that is a very cute picture. She is beautiful!