Friday, May 9, 2008

Ok, bear with me, I need to get this out

Remember my 1st doctor?? The one that offended me way back at the end of February when I found out I was pregnant and went for my 1st prenatal visit?? Well it seems that I cannot get rid of his office. Let me try to tell the story without writing a novel, which I totally could by the way.

Ok, well back in March sometime they send me a bill and it said my insurance denied their claim. I called my insurance and they said they filed it wrong so I go up to the doctors office and tell them that they are filing it wrong and then give them my correct insurance card/info (they were using my old card that was no longer valid) so that they could file it correctly. Also that same day I requested that my new records be sent to my new doctor so that they would be there by my 1st visit with the new doctor.

Went to my new doctor on 4/2. No records had been sent. Fast forward to last weeks appointment(4/30), still no records, this is a big deal because these records contain blood work and a pap that was done on my first prenatal visit. I would think this would be important to have and be reviewed by my new doctor to make sure everything is normal. Anyway, my new doctor (Dr. Potter) had me fill out a release form and they sent that to the old doctor (Dr. Lynch) before I left the office.

Meanwhile on 4/30 I recieve another bill from Dr. Lynch's office saying my insurance was denied again. So I call the doctor's office and the receptionist is SO RUDE....I ask her what the problem is and she demands that I pay the bill.....ummm NO, I pay good money for insurance and I am not paying. thank.you.very.much...I tell her that I would call my PPO and Insurance company and try to see what the problem was. So I call the PPO, they say they didn't have record that Dr. Lynch had even sent anything. So then I call my insurance company and the woman decides that we would make a conference call to Dr. Lynch's. So we call and she is professional trying to figure out the problem and I am just on the line listening. Then the woman at Dr. Lynch's intentionally hangs up on us saying the insurance lady was being rude. It was crazy. We finally get back through and give them a fax number to send the claim to. They said they would send the claim again.

Fast forward to this morning. I decide that it would be wise of me to call my new doctors office (Dr. Potter) and ask if they had received my records from Dr. Lynch's office yet. They HAD NOT. I was totally speechless. I could not believe that after two separate request that Dr. Lynch had not sent my records. I am 15 weeks pregnant, what if something was wrong with my blood work. I get off the phone and I totally start balling. So I call reinforcement (My Mom) and we decided that we would go up to Dr. Lynch's office and demand my records and refuse to leave until I had them in my hand. She came to pick me up from work and we talked about how we would go about handling the MEAN RUDE receptionist lady. Mom was like we will be nice and surely they will give them to us.....WRONG....the mean lady refused....she said she couldn't give them to us and at that point my Mom went off and I started crying and shaking and really getting upset because all I want is to be DONE with these people. So after all that she agreed I could have MY records. Which took all of 10 minutes to get together. and they called my insurance to try and get that straightened out. BUT WHO KNOWS....I think they have filled my insurance correctly now, so all I have to say is I might fall over dead if I get another bill from those people.

This has been totally stressful for me and I feel so guilty for putting my baby through this stress. I know my insurance works because Dr. Potter's office has filed and gotten paid. So I am really confused. I know this was a long post, but believe me this is the short version. A lot more has gone on with this whole process. Thanks for letting me vent. It helps to get it all out. I will try to be more happy next time!

No comments: