Friday, February 24, 2017

The Great Catch-up - Part 1

Well hello there!

Let's just jump right in and get the elephant out of the room. It's been way too long. I have missed way too much to fully document. So.... I am just going to try to do a super speedy (or not) couple post recapping well the last ummmm few....months years.

Fall 2015 brought first grade to my sweet girl. Oh first grade, you were great but hard. I saw a lot of change in my girl though and she did great in school. She was lucky to be in the same class as her bestie Addie. The hardest part for us and yes, US....was the homework load and making sure she was prepared for her Friday tests (4). 😳 Her teacher, Mrs. Sloan was awesome though and she really excelled after Christmas break. Everything that we had been getting used to in the fall just clicked and the 2nd Semester was easy sailing.








Halloween 2015......Snow Princess




Mike and I also celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary on November 4th. We went on an interesting trip to an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana. We learned a lot on this trip and it was for sure memorable.



















Christmas 2015 was one for the books. We decided that it was time to add a pup dog back to our family. I began searching and found the most precious cocker spaniel. I went to pick him up on Christmas Eve and surprised Braelyn even though he was technicallymy last minute present. Mr. Baxter Double D Lenhart has been a great addition to our family. He is equal parts sweet and mischievous. He snuggles and cuddles and then will steal your panties and socks.






In January 2016, Braelyn worked really hard and competed in the literacy competition at school. She did SO GREAT won in her class and then placed 2nd in the first grade.




















We got season passes to Six Flags again in 2016 and it was a huge hit once again. Brae loves thrills and roller coasters. Her favorite is the mind bender and will ride it over and over AND OVER.






 

















February brought the Daddy/Daughter Dance. One of Brae's favorite things to do every year with her Daddy.




















 Easter 2016



















Spring Break was tons of fun and full of great memories with Nuna and Grand. Nuna got a phenomenal deal at a resort in Orlando during the week and since our spring break was later than other schools we decided to live it up without a huge crowd (SO NICE)!

Grand doesn't really like theme parks so we had our own personal chauffeur to Magic Kingdom on the first day and then Hollywood Studios on the third day. It was totally the way to go and we got dropped off and picked up right at the front entrance. On the second day we took it easy swam and visited Disney Springs which was really so much fun as well.

Braelyn got pink eye while we were there ( I had drops with me (by the grace of God)) and she came home with a mild case of the flu but it was really so much fun and just overall a great trip for us.








In May I celebrated my 32 birthday. Im getting older and older.



At the end of May Brae had her first school project. She was SO SO SO excited to complete it. My girl loves projects!

 

Gymnastics came to an end and she decided while she enojoyed gymnastics she would like to try dance in the Fall.



We ended the school year with a trip to St. George for Memorial Day weekend. It was so much fun to get away with Mike and Baxter as well this time. Baxter was very intimidated by the ocean and would just bark at it so I am not so sure he LOVED the beach as much as Brae and her Daddy did. Mike drove seperate because him and Baxter came home early for work and I left a couple of days later while Brae stayed the rest of the week with Nuna and Grand.






Are you still here reading?!? I will stop right there for now and will be back with a final recap before getting caught up. I have missed writing and really hope to get back at it. I write much better than I talk so yea, I want to start back.

No comments: