Monday, August 10, 2015

Summertime on my mind

MIA, yep as usual.

Summer. Went. By. Way. Too. Quick. 

A lot of it was really good some of it was really sad for our family. We lost our precious fur babies. Dixie at the beginning of the summer and Dooley about two weeks ago at the end of our summer. I want to do a whole post on them so stay tuned for that. We miss them greatly. 


So on to the highlights of the summer.

We ended our year with a fabulous end of the year program in Braelyn's kindergarten class where she recieved the citizenship award for always having a good attitude and being willing to always help.


The last day of school, we skipped and headed to St. George Island for a great long Memorial Day weekend. Mike and I had to leave early Monday morning, but Brae got to stay all week having fun with Nun and Grand. I love that she has memories at the beach with my parents! I remember going to the beach with my Nannie and Papa and they are SUCH cherished memories!

We discovered a great natural spring pool about 35 minutes from our house and enjoyed going there a few times this summer...once for Addie's 6th Birthday and then two more times with friends!





Braelyn went to two camps in June. Art camp (she made the mask below)and Cheer camp. She had a great time at both of them. Of course Addie going with her helped motivate her to want to go.


Also in June a trip to Dickey's Peach Farm was in order for some yummy peaches and a LARGE peach ice cream for Brae.

Many nights and by many I mean MOST nights this summer we grilled. Brae's favorite is hotdogs and of course Mike and I enjoy hot dogs, sausage dogs, hamburgers, chicken, pork chops. I even got Brae to try grilled corn and she liked it!

For July 4th we got to go stay with Aunt Sudi and Uncle Nolan in TN, but before riding over the mountains we stopped at the Nantahala River in Bryson City, NC and rafted. Aunt Sudi and Uncle Nolan were able to meet us and we had a great, but cold and rainy trip down the river. Brae was a trooper though and is willing to try again one day when it is warm and sunny!

Once we got to Aunt Sudi's house in TN we had a fabulous time visiting with Todd and his gf Annie, and Ceana, as well as friends of Aunt Sudi and Uncle Nolan. It was a great great time and a party every night. We even got to learn how to paddle board and now our little miss wants one!






When we got home from TN, Brae and Nuna left the very next day for a week at the beach. Just the two of them. I love that they had this special time together! Brae girl LOVES her NUN!



We also had many fun stay at home nights with Brae playing in her jumpy house water slide or her practicing her gymnastics moves.


In July we also made our annual trip to White Water with our besties, the Swatts Family. It was SO much fun!




This little girl also enjoyed all our family and friends pools this summer. We are hoping by next summer we have a few more friends with pools (Megs and Brandi...I am talking to yall) to enjoy. We do love us some pool days!

Thanks for sticking with me through my dry spells. I do enjoy documenting our life even has hectic as it is. Be back soon!

1 comment:

Meggie said...

Yay for a blog update! Looking forward to more. =) By the way... signed our pool permit today. Still a long way from actually having one but hopefully one day!