Monday, June 30, 2014

Something New

I am starting something new here. I am not only going to use this space as a place to document the ins and outs of our life....but a platform to hold me accountable for a new healthy life style. I have always always had weight issues and I am fed up with it. Like seriously fed up. It's more like I have food issues. I love food. I think about food constantly. I would say I am addicted to food, and not in a good way. I know everything there is to know about good diets, healthy diets, and everything in between, but I cannot for the life of me figure it out for myself. And I am ready, I am ready not to feel self conscious about myself. I am ready to live a healthy lifestyle 100%.

My 411 on working out:
Ya see working out is a breeze for me. I LOVE working out. Working out makes me feel GREAT. Working out is not the issue. Food is the issue. So while I will be talking about working out a lot, this change of lifestyle will be more about food because honestly my lifestyle already includes working out (weights and cardio).

So let's get into the nitty gritty. I LOVE healthy food, I also LOVE unhealthy food. I eat a lot of healthy stuff....veggies and fruits are THE BEST. I also drink tons of water and by that I at least have 10 cups a day if not more. Again eating these things are not my problem. It is eating too much of these things and eating junk along with these things. A lot of days it is really really easy for me to grab a snack when I get home in the afternoon because it sounds good to me....or I eat 1/2 a watermelon...and 2 watermelons in a week...(so did that last week and then looked up the calorie count) #fail. No wonder I feel like I gained weight there are tons of calories in those things... a cup a day = GOOD....1/2 watermelon = BAD. I also find that I do really really good...Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are not great at all. Bonk Bonk.

I know the formula for loosing pounds is simple, so simple in fact that it is hard for me....you MUST burn more calories than you take in. BAM, how simple is that...SMH, I wish...

I need balance, but I get so so lazy when it comes to tracking every little calorie that goes into my mouth. I can't stand it.

So today I start anew: today I will track track track what goes into my mouth. It might not be fun, but one day....one day it will be SO worth it.

Breakfast:
1 peach
1/3 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt (actually I would have preferred more like 1/2 cup, but this was the portion size in the prepackaged cup I had)

Lunch:
3 slices tomato
1/2 advocado
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 whole wheat fiber wrap
1 tsp lite mayo
(I would have loved to have some carrots on the side too and some chicken in that wrap, but I didn't have any)

Snack:
1/3 cup spanish peanuts (about one handful)
1 sugar free (small) red bull.....(I need energy)

and for the rest of the day my projected diet is:

Dinner: 
1 spinach turkey patty
2 slices tomato
low fat cheddar cheese stick
1 cup cooked carrots (seasoned in lite coating of olive oil, salt and pep)
1 diet root beer if I feel like it
1 cup watermelon

and there is MANY glasses of water thrown in there too.

so now I have to go plug those foods into MFP and see where I am at calorie wise. I know with my Insanity workout tonight this should come well in below what I can have.

So thanks for sticking with me on this journey. It will be a up hill battle.  But I know I can do it. I believe in myself!

1 comment:

Meggie said...

You can do it!! Now if I could get motivated to work out...But I am just not a fan. Sweating, working hard, making time, the energy to do it... not my friend. Lol!