Well
A couple of visits to Nuna's later and Brae proclaimed the tree's name officially to be "Sweetheart Lenhart". Since then Sweetheart Lenhart is slowly but surely beginning to show signs of life with a few green sprouts.
Fast foward to last night....we were headed home from Griffin and it was straight up monsooning, raining cats and dogs, lightening and pouring, you get the point.
Well I hear Brae in the back seat just boo-hooing. Now Brae cries, but usually not for any reason. Naturally I thought maybe she was scared of the rain, but after about a minute of trying to understand what gibberish was coming out of her mouth between sobs, I finally got that she was scared that Sweetheart Lenhart was not going to be ok in the rain. Yall, she moved her body back and forth and had a totally panicked look on her little face and said that is what her beloved Sweetheart Lenhart was doing in the rain. She was convinced in those few minutes that Sweetheart Lenhart would not make it in the rain. My sweet girl totally showed empathy for that little tree and that melts this Momma's heart! Something as small as a little tree can send my girls sensitive heart into a tizzy. Bless her!
I finally convinced her that Sweetheart Lenhart LOVED the rain. That trees THRIVED in the rain. I quickly turned on her favorite tunes (You are my sunshine, this little light of mine, peace like a river)(LOVE THESE SONGS found here...https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/elizabeth-mitchell/id6092904) and sang them at the top of our lungs over the rain and slowly but surely the unpleasant feelings were replaced.
Now.....let's pray that Sweetheart Lenhart DID make it through the rain and wind...if not I might be going to Home Depot before we go to Nuna's again.

No comments:
Post a Comment