Just kidding, about the end part. Spring break was one for the books...yep!
We left on Friday the 18th (Mike's birthday) bright and early to head to Destin. It was a drive from hell. Yes, hell. It down poured the E-N-T-I-R-E way. On several occasions I was quite sure we would all die from hydroplaning. Even more so after we passed a wreck. IT WAS BAD. I WANTED TO CRY, HYPERVENTILATE, and STRAIGHT UP LOOSE IT. BTW..I was driving while these two were doing this...
Talk about some support. Just kidding again...shortly after this I woke up Mike because I was freaking O-U-T.
Once we finally arrived in Destin I was exhausted mentally. It was windy and a cold 55 degrees. We decided to head out to eat and then to pick up some stuff at Walmart. By the time we got back to the condo I was DONE and fell asleep pronto in the AMAZING bed they had.
The next morning it was freezing again, but Brae was DYING to go play in the sand. So being the good mother I am...(LOL) I took her to play for approximately 15 minutes.
After we decided to get ready and go to exploring and to Margaritaville for lunch so it could warm up and hopefully by the time we got back we could really get some beach time.
Sunday was a wash weather wise except it was good because it was Easter and I was with my family so it was not all that bad. It was cold and gloomy all day though.. Bonk Bonk....Brae ate WAY too much candy and by the night time we had a silly silly girl on a major sugar high. (I am trying to add a video of her silliness but it wont let me...ugh)
Monday was a great beach/pool day. It was beautiful, sunny and 75 degrees. It was hot in the sun BUT breezy enough to be perfect!
Monday night was the highlight of our trip when we got to go on a pirate cruise. Brae was in kid heaven. She went on the boat shy and came off the boat screaming YO HO HO AND A BOTTLE OF ROOT BEER. It was great and I HIGHLY recommend it! Nuna actually found it and I am SO glad she did. Learn more here! We went on the 5:30 cruise and they kept the kids entertained the entire 2 hours. Again, it was great, and bonus we got to see an amazing sun set!
Tuesday was another perfect day and a great last day at the beach! Nuna and I went shopping in the morning and I joined Mike and Brae for beach/pool time in the afternoon.
Wednesday morning it was time to head home. Again, I say Destin is THE BEST. So family friendly.
Until next time Destin.....
2 comments:
We want to do the pirate ship thing when we go this summer! I know my big boys will LOVE it. Did they feed y'all? We can't decide which time would be best for us but I think we're definitely going to do it. Seeing all your beach pictures gave me beach fever!
Yall have GOT to do it Meggie!! They will LOVE it! It was a blast. They don't feed you BUT they do sell hotdogs chips and drink for $5 as well as other goodies...Brae was hungry as soon as we boarded so we went ahead and got her a hotdog good thing too because as soon as she was done eating they were calling all the kids to have fun...and once they start you will not think about eating it is non stop entertainment. I would recommend the 5:30 because of the beautiful sunset and because it wont be as hot as the earlier cruise.
Post a Comment