Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Dream House

Once upon a time we  planned to build our dream house on our farm.  Maybe one day we will. Right now I am content living in the big city.
Let's rewind to 2007 and show you what we were thinking pre-Braelyn and pre-living in a new nice house...

We even had Mike's uncle (he is an architect) draw us up these plans with a few changes to make it ours...(you can click on the picture to make it bigger)...



And that's pretty much as far as we got before I found our house, fell in love with it, got Mike to fall in love with it, and finally bought it in November of 2007.

Ok let's fast forward from 2007. We had Brae girl and I kinda sorta got a tad type A about my house and it being clean (a kid will do that to ya). When two big dogs live in your house and they shed and slobber...UGH....its just UGH...but it is something I have to live with it, so I decided that dream house would now need a dog room. While dog room needs to be apart of the house because our dogs thrive when they are with us...their room needs outdoor access too so they can be in the house without having to tromp through my house....get it? Ok, moving on....I also changed my opinion on a detached garage....I like to be able to pull in and close the door and go inside all safe and sound. No going outside...ALSO....I also decided that while I love our house....it takes FOREVER to clean. Like all day...I want a smaller house. Yes, you read that right. A two bedroom two bath will do.

So with all that being said I am leaning towards this plan now....it is similar....very similar yet meets my new criteria. Yes, maybe one day we will have our dream house.....




No comments: