Thursday, December 19, 2013

Disney World - Part 3

Thursday, day 4, was our BEST day at Disney! We finally felt like we had our bearings and decided to tackle 2 parks. We got up super early because we wanted to be at Hollywood Studios (forever MGM to me) at gate open. We ended up getting there about 15 minutes before and it worked out great, like I said before it is BEST to be at the parks early. You will get A LOT done! We high tailed our booty's straight to Toy Story Mania. I kept hurrying Mike because I had read you better get there quick like. We got there and there was already a 20-30 minute wait and by the time we were out of the ride there was already over a 60 minute wait and fast passes were already for 6:30-7:30 PM! Crazy! So please please note....this might be the most popular ride at Disney (as far as I saw) GET THERE FAST LIKE....With that being said....we all LOVED this ride and it was probably my favorite. I got to sit with Brae and to see the joy on her face well it just MADE my day!!

After Toy Story Mania, we headed over to Little Mermaid Voyage, but low and behold we spotted Princess Sofia meet and greet with a  small line and decided to go see her first.
After Sofia and Little Mermaid Voyage we headed over to Star Tours to see Mike's favorite movie ride, Star Wars. It was fun and Mike LOVED that Brae loved it!
After this ride it was around 11, so we decided to grab a bite to eat before heading to Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day. We ate at ABC Commissary. It was a good place for a quick burger.

We made a quick and easy trip over to Magic Kingdom by bus and steam boat. Once we got there we were on our way to finish everything we missed on Monday and Tuesday....There is A LOT to do at Magic Kingdom! I don't remember the exact order but we
Met Snow White and Rapunzel
Met Minnie and Daisy Duck
Met Rosetta and Tinker Bell Fairies
Went though Swiss Family Tree House
Ate the FAMOUS Dole Whip (umm not so great to Mike and I, it was ok, but Brae's cupcake was WAY better)
Rode Splash Mountain twice (BRAE LOVES ROLLER COASTERS!!)
Rode Big Thunder Mountain
Rode Jungle Cruise
all before we had to be out of there before 7 for Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party.



Like I said, this was our most productive and best day! Once we got back to our room we were hungry so we set out again off property to eat at Carrabba's. When we got back to our room, we CRASHED hard. We were so so tired.

Friday morning, BABY GIRL'S BIRTHDAY.....we got another late start (around 10, I think) to go to our last park, Epcot. I had HIGH expectations for Epcot, but it was HOT and BUSY. We had to wait 75 minutes on our first ride, Soarin'. It was so worth it though...pretty amazing....and I really wanted to ride Test Track, but the line was 90+ minutes and the fast passes were already for night time so we didn't get to ride that. We walked all the way to Italy to get pizza. Did I mention it was HOT? 95 degrees. By the time we got there we were a bit cranky but eating helped at bit. After that we ventured over to ride one small coaster in Norway I remember riding as a kid....it was better back then..lol. After that we were done. We headed towards the park entrance and did some shopping at the huge store and decided we would ride the Circle of Life (the big Epcot ball) since there was only like a 5 minute wait. I am telling ya were were tired. After that we went back to the hotel and Mike took Brae swimming while I took a nap. She LOVED the pool! Around 5 it was time to get ready for Braelyn's BIG birthday princess dinner at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian Hotel. I was holding my breath for the food part but surprisingly it was REALLY good. Mike and Brae ate good and Brae LOVED Cinderella and her crew! Brae even got the surprise of her life....She got to dance with Prince Charming himself. It was just a magical ending to the best vacation our little family has ever taken!




 Saturday morning we got up and were headed out of Orlando by 7am. If you know us, you know we like to get up and get moving to get back home when we are anywhere away from home. We had a great drive back home and the temperature dropped 30 degrees by the time we got home. Brrr.

I look forward to many more Disney vacations with our little family. I am going to try my best to put together a Mommy Tips (things I found out while there) Sheet about Disney soon.  I know a few family and friends read my little ole blog and it could help them in their future planning for Disney!





1 comment:

Meggie said...

Thanks for sharing all about your trip!! I love some tips for a future trip! =)