Gut instincts are a powerful thing for me. Maybe all women. Most of the time, no scratch that...all the time I believe my gut instincts come from God trying to tell me something. Like....pssss Megan, listen up...I need you to know this. On that note, I am having an uneasy gut feeling about someone right now and just red signals are going off for me screaming...do not trust, do not trust and this is very hard for me because I like this person as a person. Just some things this person does and says to me just leave me with an uneasy feeling. I cannot explain it.
I have never been more in-tune with this feeling than I am right now in my life. Maybe its because I have a family and I want to keep them and myself safe and protected. Does this make any kind of sense to the 2 people that read my blog? HA!
I have very few people that I feel really care about me and that makes me nervous around people. I want to be friendly, but not put to much out there because can I trust them....probably not. I feel myself getting more guarded which goes back to what I just said about my protecting my family. All the while I am trying to teach Braelyn to be more sociable and friendly. The irony.
Needless, to say as I get to know this person more, the worse this feeling gets. I don't know what to do about it either, but just keep myself guarded and not let this person know a lot about me. It just sucks because I wanted this person to be a friend and now I just don't know? Thoughts anyone?
3 comments:
Hmmm... sounds like an awkward predicament. But, I would say to trust your instincts and maybe back off a little? Not in a rude way but in a nice, friendly, no thanks kinda way. I wouldn't want to get too close to anyone that gave me an uneasy feeling. That's what my instincts say after reading what you wrote. =)
Never hurts to be cautious. You are very wise for your age.
As you know trust is so important in all relationships and it is so hard to rebuild trust once it is lost. One thing is for sure.. that I can put my complete trust in Jesus Christ our Lord. He will never let me down.
Love your blog.. I always read it even though just figuring out how to reply. LOL...
Post a Comment