Is it possible that I love her more now than ever? My love for her overwhelms me, engulfs me. It is so deep, I wonder how I have not had it all my life. Seeing her grow up is just such a privilege. Mike and I have been so very blessed. I am not saying that everyday is roses. It is difficult to be a parent and discipline and be consistent. She is sassy, and talks back a lot. She knows how to work us and pushes my buttons, especially with the whining. Oh boy, can she whine. Mike says she gets that from me. I say...no way! =)
Today was her 3rd day of school and it was a rough morning. She cried and didn't want me to leave her at school. It hurt my feelings so bad even though I know this is new and she has to get used to her new schedule. She made every excuse she could why she couldn't go to school. She said her tummy hurt, her leg hurt, she wanted Daddy, she wanted Nuna. I distracted her and it worked until we got to school and I had to put her down in her class. Water works...oh dear water works. I left quickly reminding myself that she is learning and most importantly, I trust her teacher 100% and I know she is in great hands.
She is going to a 5 day a week half day program at Faith Friends Academy at the First Baptist Church in Barnesville. Mrs. Mae is her teacher which is my good friend Amanda's Mom. I have known her nearly all my life and I have heard from so many people that she is phenomenal with preschoolers. So far, 3 days in, I have gotten this much out of Brae about school....
- They had carrots the first day and she said, "I not eat carrots Mommy", "my tummy full" which means she didn't like them. I wish I could have recorded that. Her expressions are priceless.
- She likes the little playground not the big one. Not sure what that means...
- She knows a little girl named Aubry, but can't remember anyone else's name.
- She sang the B-I-B-L-E song and calls it "B and whatever letters she thinks of song" and we sung it about 6 times last night. BTW I have occasionally sang her this song before bed, but I guess it is cool now because she sang it at school.
- She tried a bite of Apple yesterday. Mrs. Mae has a rule that you have to at least try a bite of whatever they have. Love that!
- She crossed her left hand on her chest last night and said, "I pledge allegiance"....Funny it was the wrong hand, but pretty good for day 2.
Most of all I am thankful, she is healthy, happy, and carefree!
Look at her dancing...ha ha love it! I know I have been MIA for most of the summer and I will be backtracking in the next few weeks because we had a GREAT, BUSY summer and I want to document it even if it is a tad bit late. Thanks for reading!









2 comments:
Yay! Love your updates and love reading about little miss Braelyn! She is adorable and I know she'll come to love school. She really will learn sooo much and you'll be so glad you toughed it out. I can't wait for her and Garrison to go to school together. =)
Yes!! I love it when you write real life stories and show wonderful pictures. It will be amazing when she is old enough to read all this from the moment you knew you were expecting her. Love Nuna Mom
Post a Comment