Two nights ago Braelyn told Mike and I that it was Daddy's turn to read her a book and put her to bed. Mike had the biggest smile on his face ever! It was precious and something neither of us will ever forget.
Of course he has put her to bed before when I have not been at home, but when I am at home our routine was as follows...
1. Mike and I put Brae in the bath. This is usually a group effort on both Mike and my part.
2. After bath time we go in her bedroom and lotion her up and put on her night clothes.
3. At this point up until 2 nights ago Mike would tell Brae "night night" and tell her "I love you" and then close the door and leave me to rock Brae and read her a story and put her to bed.
Two nights ago she got a book and took it to Mike and simply said "Daddy's turn" after we got her night clothes on. Mike and I looked at each other and smiled and I said, "your turn!" and happily left the room.
I love the relationship that Mike and Braelyn have. It is soooo very special. Last night we tried and tried to get her to say, "Daddy's turn" on video, but of course she wouldn't. I thought I would still give you a little glimpse into our nightly routine. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment