Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Umm, yea, she is a bit strong willled...

She gets it honest. Oh boy does she get it honest, from me and from her Daddy. She has personality coming from all directions, I love it.

Last Sunday, we went to my hometown church for their annual homecoming. Mike had Braelyn in his arms and as soon as we walked in and she saw all these people she didn't know her little eyes met mine and her face just crumbled. I took her and reassured her that I was not leaving her and we went to sit down where she stayed glued to me for a good 10 minutes. Around then Kaden arrived and she was surrounded by family so she felt a tad more comfortable. About 15 minutes into the service Kaden starts talking and Braelyn does the cutest thing...she puts her finger up to her mouth and shhhhs him. I had to giggle. Weezie ended up taking him out so I decided it would probably be a good time to take Braelyn out too. We went to play. She was scared for a minute till she saw that I was not leaving her and then she went to immediately hoard all of the 5 babies the play room had. She LOVES some babies. She was happy for a little while until a little girl who was around 4 wanted to play babies too. So I told Braelyn she had to share. Braelyn would look at me and point at the baby and say miiiine, miiine. At one point a little boy who was also 4 told Braelyn that it was not hers, that it was the churches. So funny. Brae was also having fun with the play-do and tried to put it in a can where it didn't belong a little girl took it out and said, "no, it doesn't go there" and Brae TOTALLY lost all her composure and just balled. Poor sensitive soul (just like me). She cried like she had totally just lost her best friend. She cried so hard they heard her in church. Oooops! =)

On to Sunday night.....Mike is getting ready to give Braelyn a bath, which she usually LOVES. Well she has decided that a bath is really not in her agenda and that she will not cry but SCREAM with all her might all through the bath. I even tried to come calm her down, but she was not having none of it. We got through it by just getting it over ASAP, but Monday night same senario. SCREAM BLOODY MURDER. So Mike gets her out and he is sitting on the side of the tub drying Braelyn off....kinda like this....
 all of the sudden I heard boom bam bam so I quickly went in to find this.....
Braelyn in her "fit of rage" had knocked him back and down into the water they went. His legs were sticking out over the tub and all he could do is smile. I wish I would have gotten my camera but Braelyn was not the least bit amused by what had happened so there was no time to run and get it.

And finally...on to getting up and going to Weezie's in the morning.  Braelyn has always let me come in a put her down say bye and leave her with Weezie and her friends. Sometimes she has whined but never screamed like she has the past two mornings. She has been in a complete sob as soon as we walk in the door. And when I break away she kicks it up a notch. It breaks my heart to leave her like that even though I know in a few minutes she will be ok. It doesn't start my morning off too good.

Sometimes I wonder and ask myself if I am being the best mother I can to Braelyn. I have no idea what to do in these situations and I know there will only be more and more and, if ya didn't know, more of these moments that quite frankly scare me cause she doesn't understand reason and of course all I can understand is reason. I just want her to grow up well rounded and someone who knows right from wrong and has compassion for people. Can someone just wrap all the answers up and send them to me.....just kidding cause I probably would only listen to half of what you say. =) Bottom line is she is a joy, a mess, my daughter, a little wonder, full of life little girl that I love to the depths of my soul. There is nothing I would not do for her. I just hope she always knows it. =)

No comments: