Thursday, June 17, 2010

These days

I can hardly believe it is the middle of June. This year is just flying by. As always, I am learning, growing, and evolving. Isn't it a little crazy how a single second can change everything.  For me it was in a phone call that I was scared to death to make. A call that I am so happy I made the courage to make.

I really believe that God provides people to help us through circumstances whether good or bad for reasons that we may not always seem clear. I also believe that sometimes God makes us take a giant leap of faith to find these people. The decision on whether to take this "leap of faith" is totally up to us.

A couple of post down you might have read about me calling Mike's Aunt Sudi. Before a couple of weeks ago I had never seen or spoken to Mike's aunt, but Granny got sick and I took my "giant leap of faith" when I decided that I was just going to put myself out there and call her. Even though I knew little about her what I did know for sure, without a shadow of doubt is...she is and will always be Granny's daughter, and for me as a mother to a little girl, I just really from the bottom of my heart knew I needed to call.

I can remember the nerves like it was yesterday. I have never been a good "on the fly" talker. I get all nervous and forget half of what I want to say and the other half is said all wrong. But, I called and that is all that mattered.

Meeting and getting to know Sudi and her family has brought Mike and I such joy in this time of grief. God knew that we needed them and he provided. In my heart I know that they needed us too. In the hospital Sudi and Ceana (Sudi's daughter) were so good to Granny, Mike, Tommy, and I. Ceana is a nurse and she knew how to explain things that we knew nothing about. She was truly a blessing. We also enjoyed getting to know Nolan (Sudi's husband) and Todd (Sudi's son that loves GA Tech...yuck) =).  I keep thinking we should have done it before now, before Granny was sick, but I am coming to peace that this was God's timing and his timing is always the right timing.

Since Granny's funeral Sudi, Nolan, Ceana, and Todd have gone back to where they live and we continue to talk every couple of days and email a lot. We are going to visit them in TN for The 4th of July weekend and we can't wait to create new family memories.

As I wrap up I just want to say that Mike and I are very thankful. Thankful for Granny's life, thankful for family and the new family we have found with Sudi, Nolan, Ceana, and Todd.

No comments: