Over the years I would say I have experienced many life lessons. Some good, some bad, some insightful, some...well, not so much. I am continuing to grow and learn more everyday. Life has been rough for us here lately. I just want normal back, I want the easy, non stressful life. I know as time passes circumstances will get easier and a new normal will suddenly appear. It just takes my mind some time to catch up. I am a thinker. I analyze everything and when bam, I am hit with something major, I just need time to process. I came up with these "life lessons" a few years ago, some I found in various books and some I made up and they apply not just to me but to everyone.
I've Learned...
that you cannot make someone love you, all you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them.
that no matter how much I care, some people just don't care back.
that it takes years to build trust, and only seconds to destroy it.
that it is not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts.
that you may never become the person you want to be, but that is ok, because you are who you are suppose to be, embrace it and love yourself.
that you should always leave loved ones with loving words, it may be the last time you see them.
that you can keep going long after you can't.
that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.
that either you can control your attitude or let it control you.
that no matter how hot and steamy a relationship is at first, the passion fades, and there had better be a strong foundation and commitment to take its place.
that heroes are the people who do what has to be done when it needs to be done, reguardless of the consequences.
that best friends are those who you can do nothing with and have a great time.
that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you are down will be the ones to help you get back up.
that when you get angry you have the right to be angry, but it does not give you the right to be cruel.
that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.
that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.
that there is a time and place for everything, and the ability to know when and how to approach someone is not a gift a lot of people have.
that you should never tell a child their dreams are unlikely or outlandish, what a tragedy it would be if they believed it.
that it isn't always good enough to be forgiven by others, sometimes you must learn to forgive yourself.
that our background circumstances may have influenced who we are, but we are responsible for who we become.
that just because two people argue doesn't mean that they don't love each other, and just because they don't argue, it doesn't mean they do.
that we don't have to change friends, if we understand that friends change.
that two people can look at the exact same thing and see something totally different.
that your life can be changed in a matter of hours by people who don't even know you.
that even when you think you have nothing else to give, when a friend cries out to you, you will find the strength to help them.
that credentials on the wall don't make you a decent human being.
that no matter what happens to you on earth or how much your faith falters, God's faith in you never dwindles or fails.
that the people you care about the most in life are taken from you too soon.
that these life lessons never end and wisdom can always be passed on.
No comments:
Post a Comment