For a little over 9 months I have been creating personal invitations for family, friends, and acquaintances. I love it. With each new invitation I feel like I am gaining ground and improving my skills. Customers are coming so I feel like people like what I do. I try to be reasonably priced too. Anywho, today I go to a local drug store to print some invites that I need to deliver tonight. Everything is hunky dory until the man asks me if I have a copyright for the pictures. I say no, cause they are completely and solely created by me and I have not copyrighted them (NOTE TO SELF: I probably need to look into copyrighting). So he goes and talks to a lady which says, "they look professional". To which I reply...."well, I hope so". Then I try to explain to her that I create the invites from a blank white document. I pick the colors and my clients give me the info they would like on the card as well as a pictures to put on the card. She then said my invitation looked like some they had out of Norcross. I think to myself, well ok.....then tried to stay clam and said, "I have no idea but I created this". She said well maybe yall used the same program and I said, "No mam, I created this from nothing, it is my idea, my creation, my words. No template was used." I might have rolled my eyes cause too, because at this point I have explained my story and it still is not getting through to the lady. Completely ridiculous. Not only have I printed NUMEROUS invites at this place, but this same lady has helped me MULTIPLE times.
Now.....what should I do? I print my invites there because it is VERY convenient, BUT I do not appreciate the fact that the lady thought I was lying and to tell you the truth I still think she thinks they are not mine. I might try another drug store, but I don't know. UGH! I usually go in there twice a week to print stuff. This just sucks! Why can't we be DRAMA FREE?!?
1 comment:
yay for your blog. when you commented a few months ago, it wouldn't let me stalk you for some reason, so whoopie, i get to add another to my list. :)
your daughter is precious. i love and need her curls!
oh, and by the way...don't even get me started on drama. grrrrrrr.
i say to heck with the drug-store and get you a good internet printer. not one you print yourself...but someone you upload to, duh...i am rambling, must be past my bedtime.
Post a Comment