Monday, March 1, 2010

You might think I am Crazy but....

I love love love that Braelyn is walking now! I know that 16 months is "late" for her to be able to walk, but I think it is perfect. Some babies walk at like 9 months. I could not even imagine that. They would go from baby to toddler WAY too fast. She had the perfect crawling stage from 8 months till 16 months and now I feel it is the perfect time for her to become a little walker. I guess my feelings have more to do with not wanting her to grow up too fast because ya know....we might not have any more children...GASP! Which could be a whole blog post in itself. Because don't ya know that she neeeeeds a lil brother or sister. Insert< Sarcasm>. Doesn't she need a sane Mom?!? Just kidding, but I would be crazy with two at least that is how I feel right now. Not saying that one day in the future we might change our mind, but for now and the foreseeable future our Miss Braelyn is it!

Yesterday afternoon while the men played golf and Brae napped, Mom and I watched Time Travelers Wife. It was a great movie, although very weird. It is the kind of movie you have to watch from start  to finish or you will not "get it". Well about 15 minutes before the movie ended I heard my little munchkin fussing because she was ready to get up. Mom went to get her and a few seconds later I heard tiny footsteps headed my way. It just melted my heart! She came straight to me to get some Momma love. She looked so stinkin cute cause she was still half asleep. She just crawled up in my lap and layed her head down on my shoulder and continued to wake up.

Yesterday was our second sunday leaving Braelyn in the walkers nursery. She has cried both Sundays but is over it in about 15 seconds max ( I stand beside the door until I hear her stop) then I peak in quickly to make sure she is ok. Every baby except one has cried when their parents left them. I guess they are just "that" age where they don't understand why we are leaving them. It is funny cause Brae stares at them like why yall crying, but then she cries too. When I came to pick her up she was excited to see me....she started to talk and head straight to the door so I could pick her up. 

I am still not feeling 100% which plain sucks. I am ready to feel better! My present symptom is my throat throbbing. I have to take 3 ibuprofen to get any relief. Who knows what it will be 2 days from now. Yippeee =

I will leave you with some pictures taken at the beach Valentines Day weekend.

1 comment:

Amy S. Norris said...

hey megan...thanks for stopping by! louisa didn't walk until 16 months either, and then she just sprinted. :)

your little girl is just adorable. also, my husband is from barnesville. we are both from georgia (im from savannah) but are here in mississippi for his job.

enjoy that sweet girl!