Been awhile huh? My Dad says that I must have quit blogging, but no...no I haven't. HEY DAD aka GRANDDADDY! The truth is I wish that I could fit in more time because I think back and wish I could recall exact moments in Braelyn's busy and wonderful 1st year and then the next thought is ...Should have blogged about it. O well. In the new year I would like to make the resolution to do better. Sound good? =) Braelyn is getting so so fun and doing more and more each day which does not yet include walking which everyone at once.... gasp....REALLY She is not walking YET? And my reply is no, not yet. Who REALLY cares? She is smart and can do a lot and is already. She is standing though. Her first independent stand was December 12th at our Wilson family get together. She has continued to stand and is SO very proud of herself when she does. She also will walk with help when SHE WANTS to. Do not be fooled if Braelyn does not want to stand or walk, she will NOT. If she wants you to pick her up and she has her little arms reached out to you and you try to stand her up by grabbing her hands she tucks her arms fiercely down and this will go on and on until you tuck your hands under her arms pits to indeed pick her up which is exactly what she wanted you to do in the first place. Baby girl is strong willed. And if you take too long figuring out exactly what she wants she will have a melt down. Oh yea. BUT the fun and the joy she brings to my life. Right now we are up in her new playroom thanks to the Christmas gifts, and she just crawled up my back and wrapped her arms around my back....melt. Now she is trying to remove me from a pillow. Ha. She is going 90 to nothing. She talks constantly and can feed herself with a spoon. She is a picky eater and spits out anything she does not like which includes many veges. I think she takes after her Dad on that one cause I will eat anything. AND she loves some sweets. She is still a little timid and clingy when we are around people she doesn't know really well, but she gets that honest from me. I have to warm up to people. Our Christmas was great. We are very blessed to have great family and friends and I do have to admit that this Christmas was the best in a long while.
So what else have we been up to?? Well a lot. Since I last wrote, we took Braelyn on her 1st of hopefully many trips to Tennessee. We rented a cabin with Kyle, Sara, and Kaden and Sara's parents. It was quite an adventure to begin with because our first cabin was infested with dead and dying black flies. NASTY. But the rest of the trip was fabulous. Lots of great memories! Let's see that was the weekend before Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving was great. We had a lot of good food at my 2nd cousin Beth's house. After Thanksgiving started all the Christmas fesivities which included a Premier jewelery party the first week of December. The rest of December was filled spending lots of time with Kaden and Sara since both of our husbands get home so late. And spending lots of evenings chilling at my parents a.k.a. Nana and Granddaddy's house waiting for Daddy to get home. Braelyn and I don't like being alone for long if you can't tell. We both need PEOPLE!
Like I said earlier, Christmas was great this year. Braelyn definatley knew something special was going on. Like always, we had Christmas Eve at Mom and Dad's. Great food and company. Then we open presents with them. Braelyn like sitting on top of the boxes. =) We woke Braelyn up around 8am Christmas morning to open presents while I was changing her diaper she pee'd all over her PJs so I decided to just go ahead and get her dressed before seeing what Santa had brought her. She was mesmorized and immediatley went to the puzzels and then starting throwing puzzel pieces into the big inflateable jumper. It was great. After playing for awihle we headed to Mike's Mom's house for breakfast and opening presents. It was great. After that we headed home so Brae could have a good nap before Mike's Dad's family and my parents came for dinner.
After dinner my parents and all of us piled into our new Tahoe (my Chirstmas present) and went to see the lights at the Rock Ranch. By the time we got home we were all exhausted. Braelyn went to sleep by 7 and I was in bed shortly after.
This week I have off with Brae. She is wearing me out already, but I am loving every second. Tonight I will start Jillian Michael's 30 day shred again. I am headed to FL mid-Feburary and I would like to loose some more weight between now and then so wish me luck. Well I suppose that is all for now. Enjoy these pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment