Braelyn,
In a few short hours you will be a year old. You still seem so little to me. I really have not completely wrapped my mind around that you have been here with me a whole year. Surreal....it is what I felt when I took the pregnancy test and it read positive, what I felt when, one year ago right now, I looked at your Daddy and said, "I think my water just broke", it is what I felt the moment you where born and your Daddy brought you over to me, it is the moment we brought you home, gave you your first bath, your first smile, and now it is your first birthday and I have to admit Surreal describes it completely.
As we celebrate your birthday tomorrow with our closest family and friends I am so so very proud that you are mine, apart of me. I adore you little lady, my heart belongs to you. I cannot completely describe the love that I feel for you. You will know though when you have a baby.
Your 11th month was great. You are learning more and more each day. This past month you got two more top teeth. Those were rough because you got them at the same time. That makes 6 teeth for you little lady. Also this month you have really discovered your love to tumble. You can get up in your little chair at Nana and Granddaddy's house and scoot off landing on a soft pillow. You do this over and over and over and get irritated at me when I tell you it is time to leave. This past month you have also grown the age appropriate "stranger anxiety". You will not go to anyone you do not know VERY well. That basically includes...me, your Daddy, Nana, Weezie, Lori, and Sara. Not very many people at all. While you do warm up to people you like to have us in your sights. You also like us to be with you no matter what. You really do not like to be left alone in a room. No mam you are not having ANY of that. In the past week you have really been trying you express yourself. Of course you can't just yet so you have a constant whine every time you want something. It is a uh uh uh uh uh uh.....over and over and over. Kind of intense, but I know you are just trying to tell me something....I am thinking more and more about the baby sign language. We might need to revisit that idea.
No walking just yet. I think you are getting around just fine right now crawling that you just don't have time to try to stand up on your own and take a step. I am not rushing it baby girl because you will have plenty of time to walk and plenty of time for your Daddy and I to chase you. =)
Tomorrow will be a very special day. I love you more and more and I am so very grateful that God entrusted me to be your Mother. I am so blessed to have you sweetheart. Thank you so much for loving me.
No comments:
Post a Comment