Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nighty Night..at least until 3:30am

Braelyn could you please do Mommy and Daddy a favor and sleep for entire night? PLEASE.

Easter weekend I decided to cut Braelyn's 3:30am feeding. We had got in a pretty good schedule where she would sleep from 7:30 until 3:30 wake up just enough to nurse and go right back to sleep then she would sleep until I woke her up at 7am. It was working well.

Easter weekend we had a family Easter egg hunt and I was encouraged that Braelyn could indeed make it until 6 or 7am if I wanted her to. That she really wasn't hungry and that she was "accustomed" to waking up at 3:30am and that was why she was waking up....not because she was hungry. They said she would quickly learn....and to let her cry if she cries....and that it would only last a couple of days and then she would get "accustomed" to eating when essentially, I was up and ready to feed her.

Well it has been two weeks and she is still waking up at 3:30. I do not go in her room. but she fusses off and on until I feed her usually between 6 and 7. I don't like her to cry, she really doesn't cry, but she fusses. Some mornings are worse than others, last night was a "worse" she really didn't go back to sleep after waking up at 3:30. Most mornings she wakes up at 3:30 then fuses about 10 minutes, falls back asleep for a hour then fusses again for 10 minutes every hour until I feed her.

The point is she is not becoming "accustomed" to sleeping until 6. She would be fine if I just fed her. I don't know if she is truly hungry or not at 3:30am. What I do know is she is for sure hungry when I get her up between 6 and 7. It is like I say good morning to let her know I am there and turn on a light and immediatley she is holding out her arms and making the hungry giggle. It's like she is saying....Now Mommy now, I want food now....most the time she still has her eyes closed, but she knows I am there and she is ready to eat.....what to do, what to do?

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

We are in that habit too. Skylar actually cries though. I've been wondering if she is hungry cause she doesn't really nurse for that long. I'm not sure what to do. I hate when she cries and she will work herself up so much she will have a screaming cry going on. It breaks my heart.