This past Saturday, April 18th, 2009 you turned 6 months old. That is half a year....where has half a year gone? Let me tell you...
It has gone by with me falling more and more in love with you everyday. Today exactly 6 months ago I was getting ready to bring you home from the hospital to start a whole new life, a life that has brought your Daddy and I more happiness than I have ever thought possible. It truly has been an amazing adventure.
You develop more and more right before my very eyes. Your personality is so precious. You are so curious, serious, and silly all at the same time. Your curious face is full of wonder and you are beginning to want to grab at things and if you want something you try your best to get it. Your serious face is SO SERIOUS...I mean it is like "lets get down to business people". Your silly face is adorable. I love love love to see you smile and giggle. Usually your silly face happens when we kiss you or get your sugar and of course when we tickle you. You love for us to "eat" your fingers and toes. Recently we got you a duck tub and the beak squeaks. Every time we squeeze it you smile immediately and look up to me and give me a look that I think means...."Mom are you making that noise...who is making that noise Mom?" I Love it!
You love Baby Einstein. The second it starts your head turns straight toward the TV. You will usually watch the whole program which is like 20 or 30 minutes. You are mesmerized. This gives me time to usually clean up.
You love to eat and now recognize when someone is eating. Saturday morning your Daddy was eating cereal and you were sitting in your bumbo seat. You were not having it....you wanted some cereal too. =) I was happy to fix you some. You now have eaten....bananas, sweet potato, squash, carrots, apple sauce, green beans, and peaches. You also like a little apple juice mixed with water. The faces you give when you try something new are priceless. You have proven to not be a picky eater which is good. I think you just like to eat. Your granddad says you look like a baby bird when I feed you (you have your mouth wide open ready for the next bite).
You shared your 6 month birthday with your Daddy. He is 37 years young=) It was a great day and most of it was spent at the farm. You actually had a great nap in the truck most the time we were there. The windows were open and you were snoozing and enjoying the cool breeze. Meanwhile, your Daddy was throwing sticks for the dogs into the lake (they LOVE to swim) and your Nana burned some brush. Soon the barn will be finished and many of our weekends will be spent enjoying our land and lake. I hope you love it as much as we love it.
Thank you baby girl. Thank you for teaching me how to be a Mother. I am so very proud I am your Mother. The way you look at me makes me melt. I love you more than I can even comprehend. I look forward to the next 6 months and what they will bring.
1 comment:
What a beautiful letter and pictures!! You are one lucky momma!! :)
Post a Comment