Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Days go by...

Braelyn had her 6 month checkup on Monday. She had just fallen asleep when I got to the doctors office...I hated to wake her up but I had to...she was happy at first until we had to sit in the little bitty room and wait for the doctor for a good 30 mintues. It seemed like an eternity. For some reason there was no air on and I felt like Braelyn and I were roasting. Every minute that went on she got more and more agitated. I don't blame her....so I fed her, played with her, let her stand (this seemed to work the best) trying to keep her happy. I finally had to open the door because it was getting a tad bit claustrophobic in there. Dr. Cousin finally came in and told us Braelyn was doing great. She is now 17.4lbs...75th %ile and 25.5 in....50th %ile...her head circumference is...well I can never remember that....but I do remember it is still in the 25th %ile range....so my little miss Braelyn has been very consistent in her growth. Braelyn tends to STARE INTENTLY at new people so she was rather intrigued by the doctor. Braelyn rolled over, kinda sorta got into a sitting position, and pulled up to stand for the doctor. I was a proud Momma! She told Braelyn that I was being a great Mom by breast feeding her and I told her that I was going to shoot for a year. She seemed to think that was great so I am happy with the decision. I also told her all the foods Braelyn was eating and loving....she was also happy with that.

Her staring is a whole topic all together. She is so funny to me when she meets people because she will just stare...no blinks...she is fixed on whoever is new. It is like she is studying them. I wonder what she is thinking.

Baby girl has pretty much given up her paci over the last couple of weeks. Mostly she just chews on it and plays with it...it has offically become her teether.

She LOVES to stand up (with our help of course). Over the last week, when we stand her up, she just talks and talks. She only does it though when you stand her up. It is kinda like....Ladies and Gentleman, I have stood up and now I will grace you with ba ba ba da bababba da..I love it. I think she is telling us about her day.

BIG NEWS......Are you ready?!?
Braelyn sat up for a few second by herself last night. I knew she was close at the doctors office. We were playing before her bath and she did it. I was so proud. I think she thought I was a little crazy cause I was saying YAY and claping my hands. So I have to say offically that she sat up by herself on April 28, 2009.

Friday we leave for vacation!! I am so ready to get away. Mike, Braelyn, the dogs, and I will be heading out bright and early Friday morning. Mom and Dad will come down in their car....Mike, Dad, and the dogs are coming home Sunday, but Mom, Braelyn and I are staying the whole week. Ya got all that?? We are going to St. George of course but on Tuesday (my birthday) we will head to Panama City to do some shopping and stay overnight. My Moms birthday is Monday so we are planning to go on a dinner boat or a sunset cruise (if they allow 6mo olds).

I am sure I will have many pictures and updates when we get home....just thinking about packing makes me tired and cringe. We are going to be packed tight...most of our luggage will be in Mom and Dads car because Dooley and Dixie will be in the back of the 4runner. I am so so ready to be On Island Time if ya know what I mean....

No comments: