Days are passing too quickly. I am grasping to hold on to everything and it is impossible. I want to document and remember every smile, every roll over, every giggle, every morning when she smiles at me and every night when I put her to bed and we say her little prayer.
Braelyn is doing more and more everyday. She loves to "talk". She can really communicate if she wants to. It is like she knows what I am saying and I just love it.
This past weekend (March 6th - 9th) Mom, Aunt Jackie, Braelyn and I went to St. George Island for a little getaway. I was nice, but I am not going to lie...traveling with a baby is not exactly "paradise". I know I am lucky though, because Brae Brae loves to ride. On Saturday, I woke up to her little nose just-a running. She was not too much of a happy camper all day she screamed at the beach so we took pictures, but she was not too happy...they had a chili cookoff on the island on Saturday also and it got kind of wild...not too much of the "family" atmosphere that I am used to down there. Sunday she was feeling better and we had a nice day of shopping in Apalachicola.
It was nice to get home last night, but because of being out of schedule + the time changing on Saturday night, Braelyn has been kinda fussy at night. Actually, I am pretty sure Braelyn is like what is the world is going on....one day I am tired and go to bed when it is dark and the next night I am tired, but the world is still light. I know she relates darkness with going night-night so anywho...I am on mission get blinds for her room (right now she only has curtains).
What else, what else....so many weeks have gone by without a "real" update post...Braelyn went for her 4 month old checkup on February 20th. I didn't realize she would have to have shots again. She got through them ok, but was a tad bit upset. Mom a.k.a. Nana went with us. I was surprise to see she only weighed 14lbs. 15 ozs...so almost 15lbs. I can't remember the exact height....but she is in the 75th % for weight 50th % for how big her head is and 25th % for height. So all was good she is healthy and happy.
Last week we started giving Braelyn cereal from a spoon. She was not sure about it at first but finally got the hang of it last Thursday. I think she likes it, but is still a little confused about the whole swallowing thing...I guess we can start introducing more food.
I am a little stressed that my little Brae Brae is still waking up through the night. Before we got all out of wack this past weekend...she was only waking up once to eat, but still fussing a couple of times in the night until her Daddy would go in and put her paci in her mouth. So many people have told me that their child slept through the night at 8 weeks and her Braelyn is.. a week shy of 5 months old and is still waking up. UGH....I know all babies are different and it doesn't bother me too much because she does easily go back to sleep but I am ready to sleep through the night.
A couple of Mondays ago I got REALLY sick with a 24hr. stomach bug or either food posioning. It was AWFUL. I have never felt so bad and sleeping was out of question because my body was cramping so bad. Mike ended up staying at my parents house with Braelyn and letting me rest, but like I said...there was not much rest going on...Thank God, I got over it quickly. But I realized that Mike can take care of her and that is a good feeling.
Well I suppose that is enough for now....Photos from the beach and from a little photo shoot Mom and I did coming soon....
1 comment:
Wow almost five months already! So insane how time flys.
Post a Comment