Thursday, March 19, 2009

A Day Late

Yesterday was Braelyn's 5 month old birthday. Excuse me while I take a moment to absorb that my baby girl will be 6 months old in a few short weeks. My goodness.

Ok BIG news now......My little angel slept all night (7:30 - 6:30) for the first time last night. Yipee, yipee! She was beginning to wake up 5 but I put her paci in her mouth and she was asleep again within seconds sucking away. I am so excited and hope that we will have more of these kind of nights.

On to other happenings of my big 5 month old....

Braelyn has started eating B-A-N-A-N-A-S. She has been getting a few tablespoons every night since Saturday. At first she was shocked that there was something out there besides milk and cereal. She threw her little hands back and gave me a wide-eyed hilarious look. She likes to help me feed her. She grabs at the spoon and keeps her little left hand close to her mouth (ya know for a little extra flavor). I have to constantly remove her hand to have room to get the spoon in her mouth. I think next week we will try some kind of vegetable. Yumm Yumm....

By the way...I tried the bananas, and they were tart. No wonder she was shocked and wide-eyed.
I have told myself that I will try all the foods, but I am not so sure about the peas or beets...

Little P (her newest nickname from Mike and I) has discovered her feet and she loves them. As soon as I lay her down her feet are up and her hands have a good tight grasp on them. She is beginning to realize they can also be used as chew toys.

P's hair has been slowly coming out over the last month and a half or so. She has a bald spot on the top left side like where I used to part it so now I comb her hair to the left to cover it. It is thinning on both sides but the top is still really thick. I am hoping she doesn't loose it all...I guess we will see.

What else....hummmm.....She is smiling and "talking" more everyday. Some days she just talks and talks and talks...I wonder what she is telling us. She loves for us to tickle her side, feet, and her neck. She just giggles. She also knows what a kiss is...when I tell her to give me a kiss she opens her mouth.

Basically, I am in love. Braelyn is such a joy and I am so so proud to be her Mommy She is getting to that stage where she is full of life. Taking in everything around her and I am trying to take it in with her. She is an amazing gift from God.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm shocked that much time has passed already. It goes by so fast!