Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Today is a good day

This morning I had my second appointment with Dr. Potter. It went great. I got to hear Butterbean's strong little heart beat which totally melted my heart. TOTALLY for surely!! So I am offically 13 weeks and 5 days. That means that technically I am due on October 31. HALLOWEEN! Dr. Potter asked me if I would prefer to keep the due date Nov 1st or to change to October 31st. I told her that either one was fine because I PREFERED this baby of mine make an appearance on October 28 (my Daddy's birthday) or sooner Thank.You.Very.Much. but we will see....

I guess you know I have been a slack blogger here lately. To tell ya the truth, I have no excuse for myself. But I am here today and giving you some updates so you and I will just have to be happy with that. Last week I was sick with a cold. It kicked my butt. I thought I would die, because that's just how my mentality is right now. Mike took very good care of me, but he thought I was over dramatic which I might have been but I am pregnant so I am allowed. The weird part is that I could sleep fine but the days (Wednesday and Thursday) were horrific, if I do say so myself. Last weekend, I did nothing absolutely nothing except go to a beautiful wedding. It was perfect weather for a wedding and I enjoyed myself (except for the not being able to have a glass of wine part, but got over it cause the punch was so good). The rest of the weekend I stayed in bed being lazy and recuperating from my cold of course. A very interesting life I lead let.me.tell.ya...=)

Also, morning sickness is still continuing to kick my butt. ROYALLY. Just when I think it is tapering off it comes back not letting me forget that indeed my hormones are STILL going WILD! I am not appreciating it one tiny little bit, but worth it- it is.

Upcoming:

The biggest news to look forward to is our next Dr's visit which is the BIG visit. It's the ANATOMY visit. For you slower readers, that means we will see if Butterbean is a BOY or a GIRL. Mike, Mom and I are thinking it is indeed a boy, but we will officially know JUNE 4th!! Let's see if my intuition is right....probably not.

My birthday is next Monday....Cinco de Mayo....YAY! Mike, My Mom and Dad are taking me to La Fiesta for some good eating...where I will treat myself to a VIRGIN strawberry daiquiri. I am so looking forward to it!

Mom's birthday is Sunday!! MAY 4th. Happy Birthday to my MOMMA!

Dooley's 3rd birthday is tomorrow ( he will be 21) That reminds me I need to get him a birthday hat. and maybe some doggie ice cream cause he looooovvvesss ice cream!!

Well I suppose that is about it for now. More coming soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Halloween birthday would be great. He/She could have a dress up birthday party every year. My intuition tells me its a girl. Have you done any pregnant tricks such as the ring-on-a-string trick to determine the sex? Happy birthday!