Thursday, October 9, 2008

Ants and a lot of Anticipation

Got to work this morning and I was greeted my a whole colony of ANTS. Ughhhh.....They covered the entire kitchen sink and had made a happy little trail along the counter top across the stove then back behind the refrigerator. I cleaned them up as much as I could and washed the dishes that they were covering and now I feel like they are crawling all over me. Like literally. I keep itching. Great start to the day.

The anticipation for Miss Braelyn to get here is getting worse. Every time I get up I think to myself..is my water going to burst?? Huh, huh, tell me, huh?? It goes through my head all the time. Then I think to myself.. am I dilating?? oh please let me be dilating already. It is still a little early, but I am just so excited and ready to meet my precious little girl that I have these thoughts all day. I guess I am obsessed with knowing the unknown. It is so hard to know that this tiny little miracle is coming and I really have no idea when or where or how it will ultimately happen. I am a planner....not an type of planner that drives everyone around them crazy, but I like to know what is on the agenda so that I can be mentally prepared. For me it is more about being mentally prepared than physically prepared. I haven't even packed my bag yet. The bag is out, but nothing is in it. AND I have to wait until next Wednesday to see my doctor to know anything. I hope my body is ready for induction on the 21st if she hasn't come yet, but I keep secretly hoping she will come sooner.

I think I have "dropped" this week. Tuesday I thought my upper back was going to break in half...which caused me to go home early from work. I really thought that I wasn't going to be able to work a full day again because sitting in a chair all day was killing me. I was pretty much in tears when I left work. Well Wednesday I felt great comparatively speaking. I didn't feel the pressure of her on my lungs and my back didn't hurt as bad. When my boss got to work, the 1st thing she said is that she thought I had "dropped" and I agreed. I was able to work all day which is good cause I have things that need to get done...

The best thing is the days and weeks are continuing to fly by. I can't believe tomorrow is again Friday, and I will start my 37th week of pregnancy. It is almost over.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Eeeek!! 37 weeks! :) So exciting. Sorry about the pain. I wonder if you were to take a picture now and compare it to your last one if you could see that she has dropped. I could tell when my boss dropped. Fun, fun. I can't wait to see baby pictures.