Bring on the cooler weather, all things pumpkin, UGA football, the fairs, birthday parties, Halloween, Thanksgiving....Oh how I love October and November, but before October gets here let me...
rewind this blog back to June and July and let's play catch up so I can clear my head of all things summer activities....
Who: Mike, Braelyn, and I
What: Trip to Aunt Sudi's House
Where: TN
When: June 7-10
We had a great wonderful mini vaca to one our most hearted destinations....Aunt Sudi's house. We always enjoy our time with them. This time we got the added bonus of picking up our cousin Todd Rowe from the ATL airport on our way.
Friday we enjoyed going to "Aunt Sudi's Waterpark" aka Splash Country in Pigeon Forge. Brae loves I really mean LOVES all things waterpark and she is still talking about it. I am sure this might have to come a summer tradition. It was a lot of fun! Brae's favorite was the natural pool where she could swim around and go down a mini slide a gazillion times.
Saturday morning we went to Aunt Sudi and Uncle Nolan's farm to show everyone Brae's soccer skills and she had a lot of fun kicking around the ball and then she got to go horse riding with her big cuz Ceana on Miss Em. After lunch we headed out on the boat to get in some beautiful lake time. Love me some lake time in the mountains!
Sunday we came home and I quickly packed for my next adventure...
Who: Julie (my Mom) and ME
What: Girls Trip
Where: Las Vegas
When: June 12-15, 2012
For years my boss has offered me two Delta tickets to anywhere in the Continental United States. For years I have dreamed of places we could go, but for some reason or another (mostly $$) Mike and I never made a plan to go anywhere. So this past Spring Mom and I decided to put those tickets to use and that a trip to Las Vegas would be awesome sauce. So before I could change my mind we quickly decided we would go in June (Celine Dion would be performing) and we booked our flight and room.
Factos:
- I was way nervous to go to the airport. WAY nervous I would get called out by the TSA, but thank God, it was ok. TSA agent even told me I could breathe. ha, didn't realize I was holding my breath. =)
- Great girls trip with my Mom. Serious note: I hope Brae and I are always as close as me and my Mom!
- Flight: pretty good, the free drink vouchers my boss gave me made it even better!
- Hotel: The Venetian - it was ok, but I will not stay there again, too many great places to stay right on the strip for a lot less $$. The pool was heavenly though for reals.
- Highlight: The water show at the Bellagio. It was amazing and I could have sat there and watched it all night.
- Weather: Beautiful and hot, it was a different kind of hot but still hot is hot to me so.
- Celine Dion concert, I would rate it about a hmmmm 6 out of 10, but I am glad I got to see her concert. It's not something I would go back to again though.
- We ate at the same place like 3 times...it was so good and it was at our hotel...convenient! It had a little bit of everything on the menu and yall the food was delish. The bread pudding I spurged on one night....OUT OF THIS WORLD!
- Um, no more red eye flights for this girl. no no no
- Overall: I loved it and want to take Mike one day. It was relaxing and just what I needed!
Who: Mike, Braelyn, myself, Nuna, Grandaddy
What: The Beach
Where: St. George Island, FL
When: June 30-July 6th
Our official trip to the beach was SO much fun this year! Let me be real with yall a second and say...I am a complete home-body and it kinda freaked me out to stay at the beach a whole week, but we had a fabulous time!
Highlights:
- Brae girl loved loved loved the ocean and wanted to be in the water at all times.
- Got to see tons and tons of fireworks.....Apalachicola on the 3rd and St. George on the 4th
- Great seafood
- Brae loved swinging high in the hammock.
- Was so excited when Mike came with the golf cart and cried when he put it in the trailer to come home.
- Went to PCB for a day
- Went to visit friends in Mexico Beach and had a ball. Brae still talks about going to Mexico Beach.
I am very much looking forward to next year and hopefully our very favorite besties will be able to come for a couple of days next year and some big bad hurricane will not interfere. Thank.you.very.much!
Ok dokey. I think I maybe caught up a tad bit from summer time. Note that all these pics where taken with my lovely iphone and edited in Instagram which I continue to have a love affair with.
No comments:
Post a Comment