Last Thursday (April 21st) Braelyn started saying "Thanks Momma" after I gave her something she wanted. Ever since she could communicate I have been trying to teach her "please" and "thank you". She occasionally says please, but something just hit me deeper when she thanked me. Maybe it is because she almost says it in a shy, whispered voice that comes straight from her little heart and that makes me so very proud and happy. It is not prompted, but pure and true and innocent.
Next week will be a newbie for us... another unknown in parenthood. Braelyn is scheduled to have surgery for her crossed eye (strabismus) on May 3rd. While it is a minor surgery with little to no recovery time, I am sure that it will be hard emotionally for Mike and I. I know she is in God's precious hands and that gives me great comfort. So today, I give thanks to The Lord for taking care of Braelyn. I give thanks for giving me peace and understanding. I give him thanks for trusting me enough to be her Momma.
No comments:
Post a Comment