Monday, January 17, 2011

Something New

We traded our 2007 Tahoe for a 2011 Honda Accord this past weekend. It is much more economical and we love it. To be honest I have never been one of those once I went to a SUV I would never go back to a car kinda girl. It was the right move for our family and is saving us A LOT of money each month in payment and gas.

I have learned an important lesson in getting cars. In my short 26 years, I have had every size car there is to have with every option there is to have and I have learned that for Mike, Braelyn, and I less is more. I know that if we were planning on having 3 children the Tahoe would have been perfect, but we aren't...and this car fits our family.

Braelyn wonders where her "mo-mo" (Elmo) dvd went so we will be getting a DVD player for the car. Every time we get in the car she says, "Mo-Mo, Gone Gone" HA!  I tell her he is coming back soon. =)

We came to the decision of an Accord by test driving the Toyota Prius, Toyota Camry, and then the Honda Accord. I liked the Pruis ok, but Mike looked like a sardine. He had no room and we both knew that was not the car for us, even though the 50mpg was tempting. After the Pruis struck out we drove a Camry. I liked it ok, but I knew I liked the looks of an Accord and if we were going to look at sedans I wanted to drive an Accord.

When I got in the drivers seat, and the feeling of driving my 02 civic (I had it from 18 till I was 21) came right back and it felt good. I like how a Honda drives. It is a pretty big car, but when you are driving it feels smaller and easier to handle. I told Mike this was my car and we started dealing with the sales people...yuck,  but they ended up doing us right and we came home with our new car.
YAY!

1 comment:

misguided mommy said...

we had a new accord for a few months LOVED IT. Loved!!!!!

Dammit I want it back now